Tampa Bay Lightning Logo Concept

mattrogers

Trying to play with something I always thought would work for the Bolts. I like the secondary they have now, but I just thought this could be a tertiary, or if they ever make the secondary the primary. I tried to do my own bevel...but I kinda got stuck. So I'm providing two examples, one with the unfinished bevel and one without. Its still a work in progress. Let me know what you think, any advice, changes that need to be made. Thanks.

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-17%20at%207.41.3

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-17%20at%207.40.4

I never saw the lightning bolt until it was pointed out. The B just looks visibly off to me. The lines also need more work done. Some lines aren't straight (top of T, edges inside of B) and some of the bevel lines aren't parallel. I can tell this is a first copy, but even when it's done I'm also skeptical of how this would fit into their logo group since it's very close to their secondary logo. It's still a decent logo although.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Wow, that lightning bolt in the negative space is very clever! Subtle, simple, but excellently done. It does feel unfinished, still, but what I'm seeing now is already a great work in progress.

ICXC NIKA

Is there a way to make them both angle inward a bit? I'll admit, all I saw at first was an oddly-slanted B. If they were both slanted to make that lightning bolt, it might look more natural and make the negative space lightning bolt more obvious.

I didn't see it at first, but it's genius.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

There's a great logo in this concept somewhere. Keep trying new things. The first update is already a quantum leap but it's not quite there. Another recommendation I would make is changing the shade of blue to one of the team's versions, be it royal or Hawaiian. Almost looks purple as it stands.

The top logo is very nice. I'd work with this one. The negative space bolt is great, and it is very crisp, clean, and simple.

Don't clutter it up with bevels. This one works so well because it is so simple.

Reminds me a bit if the old Hartford Whalers logo (the best logo ever, IMO). Using one or two colors, no gimmicks, and negative space to create the image.

I'd be curious to see it in different fonts, but that's it. I'd take that top logo and buy a baseball hat or T-shirt with it right now.

This is a nice idea, but there's a lot to work on here.

The first thing my eye was drawn to was the lower right serif on the T, and that's not a good thing. It looks out of place and quite frankly, unfinished. I know it's like that for a reason to create the bolt, but as is, it's just catching my eye in the wrong ways.

With that said, your serifs in general need some clean-up. Particularly the top right, the bottom where it comes close to the B is rounded, while every other one is at an angle. Just about all of them have some sort of bend to it, straighten those out.

The B is where the most work needs to be done. The top and bottom are both angling in and it looks a bit odd, straighten those out. Your inner and outer curves are also a big rigid, looks like you have a bunch of nodes there that could probably be weened out.

Lose the bevels completely. This one is just personal taste, but it looks cleaner without them.

All in all, this is a cool idea - just needs to be refined.

• 2 years later...

Archived