Why did Lance Armstrong confess ?

JasonFromMiami

Thanks FFWally.....so what you think of the oprah confession, should Lance not just have kept his mouth shut ?

No for the sport, Lance should come clean. Completely clean. If he would have admitted to what he said in front of the Andreau's instead of continuing his non confession, I would have felt better.

As long as convicted dopers run the sport, it will never feel untainted.

Thanks FFWally.....so what you think of the oprah confession, should Lance not just have kept his mouth shut ?

He couldn't just keep his mouth shut. He needed the income from triathlons, which he couldn't compete in unless he fessed up.

He has plenty of money, even after he settles with the lawsuits, he will have millions in the bank.

Lance can only become a positive when he goes to WADA the USADA and the other doping agencies and sets the record strait. Helps with catching those who use his methods to avoid tests, and masking agents.

I just don't see him being that guy. EVER.

• 2 weeks later...

If Lance has never been on the attack against media/sportswriters, I think his confession would have been seen differently.

Andy Pettitte and Jason Giambi, who don't have a history of being mean to aportswriters, admitted their wrongdoings and compared to others, have been praised for their honesty.

Pettitte got one more WS ring and Giambi is still playing today.

Archived