If you could/had to own a specific player's jersey from each/any team, who would you choose...

2001mark

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AL Central

Detroit

alan-trammell-home-run-tiger-stadium.jpg

Cleveland

cleveland-indians-joe-carter-12-topps-uk

Chicago

FrankThomas.jpg

Minnesota

72390608_display_image.jpg?1293966372
Note: I would take the Home whites, though I couldn't locate photos online. I think, & it's probably true, they didn't photograph as well in the Metrodome- most of their photos are outdoor sunlit.

Kansas City

30aba68bbfe76f507a977599cce46ce1.jpg

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

ichiro110908b.jpg

It's amazing how much better this uniform looks in sunlight than it ever did in the Kingdome.

Yep, baseball should never be played in a room.

That uniform looked good on the dome but great on when they used them as throwbacks playing on safeco

NL Central

Cincinnati

51oeTaVKaUL._SY300_.jpg

St. Louis

Vince-Coleman.jpg

Milwaukee

paul-molitor-milwaukee-brewers-17877806.

Cubs

460x.jpg

Pittsburgh

982d7594365935b901c3db6d857d746e.jpg

I'm learning here that I'm more of a road &/or solid coloured alt jersey wearer. I think that's because neither being fan of these teams nor resident of the cities, I don't feel it as appropriate to wear their home colours lols. Weird.

My choices also seem to suggest nostalgia from my youth, as if to suggest if I were wearing these in public, that yeah, I was around when most of these ballers were tearing it up, & they had lasting impression on me.

@2001mark

ichiro110908b.jpg

It's amazing how much better this uniform looks in sunlight than it ever did in the Kingdome.

Yep, baseball should never be played in a room.

Agreed. No uniforms look good indoors; dark colors are muddy and even a beautifully bright color scheme like this one is made drab and bland.

Los Angeles California

4d690e245313a_189853n.jpg

Fixed it.

Also, why the Iowa Cubs uniforms for the Cubs? And the Blue alts to boot?

O snap... I think the Soriano I wanted the Cubs solids & that was the best pic, didn't check the cap in my search. I'll fix after work...

Blue alts look sharp imo, I don't think I could pull off rockin' a home white Cubbies pinstripes... & most all their road jerseys (from Soriano's time there, player is a part of these choices*) never did anything for me.

Remember, these are player/uni choices you'd most want to wear yourself.

re. LAA, I'm trying to remain current lexicon, though a franchise's entire heritage is fair game (re. Expos).

@2001mark

Archived