Nascar Goes Green

theflakeband

So, I've got too much time on my hands, and after watching an Nascar Truck race, I though Nascar should have a green/hybrid car series. So I'm working on the templates. I looking at doing the Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius, and Ford's electric car.

So first up is the logo. I chose Schneider Electric because there a green company and have a long standing relationship with Nascar.

Nascar%20Schneider%20Electric%20Series%2

I decided that I would create a sample car up first.

Untitled-4_zpsgnikgvln.png

C&C welcome.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.pnglucassig-1.pngAgger.jpg21l0u9i-1.png

Cool idea! And maybe the concession stands can sell organic soy hot dogs and small batch craft beer. Don't forget the kale chips for the kids! And the first thousand fans who arrive get a free unicorn that poops gumdrops. In short: all these things will never happen.

Still: I love your work and it is a noble idea!

Considering the current body styles in nascar look nothing like their real life counterparts, I would go a little crazy with making the cars look more aerodynamic, especially the Prius.

Also, electric =/= slow. Take a ride in a Tesla and you'll see ;) A series like this would be super fun to watch on road courses, considering the acceleration rate possible in pure electric cars.

<_<

Go watch a Formula E race. Then mock it.

Something along these lines. Granted the pit stops would be longer if teams didn't have a backup car already warming up. I'd look for a more sporting car model too. This screams SMARTcar to me.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Formula E is a great series minus all the gimmicky stuff anyways, this is going to be interesting and with the different body shapes of all three cars very intriguing.

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

Considering the current body styles in nascar look nothing like their real life counterparts, I would go a little crazy with making the cars look more aerodynamic, especially the Prius.

Also, electric =/= slow. Take a ride in a Tesla and you'll see ;) A series like this would be super fun to watch on road courses, considering the acceleration rate possible in pure electric cars.

I understand where you're comming from with altering the body style of the cars a bit but the Toyota Prius is already a very aerodynamic car. Pretty much any wedge shaped car is going to be more aerodynamic than a sedan.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

I understand where you're comming from with altering the body style of the cars a bit but the Toyota Prius is already a very aerodynamic car. Pretty much any wedge shaped car is going to be more aerodynamic than a sedan.

I guess what I meant was make it look more badass. ;)

Archived