Las Vegas (Something) Knights NHL concept

sparkychewbarky

Mascot

I initially wanted to go with a horse logo, but I agree that a secondary logo, that was more literal in depicting a "Black Knight", was the way to go.

So, I've revamped the horse to be the logo of the 'Knights mascot..."Vegas".

It becomes more cartoon-ish, to be used in humourous and kid-related applications...

bk2-006.jpg

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, the star-shield logo looks MUCH better. You really reworked that well. I like the idea of the gold home sweater as well. Only Nashville does something similar, but their yellow is different enough from the gold you used.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of this series!

The star-shield logo is amazing now. So is the helmet but I think you got it right...the new bolder star-shield as the primary and the helmet looks great as a shoulder secondary. All three jerseys are great and you've managed to take a familiar color palette and make it fresh, new and not like anything else in the league. The touches of red really help and I love the shade of gold. The alternate jersey is by far my favorite...something about the sharp points and edges that really just work well with the primary logo...somebody needs to bring this thing to life because I would buy one. And great adaptation of your terrific older horse logo for the mascot. It's all starting to come together brilliantly.

Wow, the star-shield logo looks MUCH better. You really reworked that well. I like the idea of the gold home sweater as well. Only Nashville does something similar, but their yellow is different enough from the gold you used.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of this series!

Thanks mb. Once the logo and unis are figured out, the medieval-knight theme can really kick into high gear.

The vast moat of icons, images, etc. associated with this theme...is a marketing dep't's dream!

The star-shield logo is amazing now. So is the helmet but I think you got it right...the new bolder star-shield as the primary and the helmet looks great as a shoulder secondary. All three jerseys are great and you've managed to take a familiar color palette and make it fresh, new and not like anything else in the league. The touches of red really help and I love the shade of gold. The alternate jersey is by far my favorite...something about the sharp points and edges that really just work well with the primary logo...somebody needs to bring this thing to life because I would buy one. And great adaptation of your terrific older horse logo for the mascot. It's all starting to come together brilliantly.

Thank you BK. The alt is my fave too. 'Twould look good as a real sweater.

You mentioned "fresh".

The new colour palette change , initiated by the Vegas group (I think I got lucky), really did freshen-up a colour scheme that was a little muddy.

The horse-mascot opens up a a whole wing of marketing ideas.

Have you seen the stupid-looking horse-masks around?

They seem to be everywhere.

Why not produce a "Black Knights" version?...

bk2-008.jpg

I rebooted these two supplemental logos using the new colours...

bk2-009.jpg

The gold and silver really suits the "metallic" part of the theme...

bk2-010.jpg

Guest darkpiranha

I see how you're trying to tailor this somewhat to what the actual Vegas team might be doing, but I still vastly prefer your older color scheme. I know you're going to continue to tweak it with these colors, but I hope you'll give us a version of the "older" concept (you know, way back to last week) with your new (better) Vegas star and helmet. The fully striped banner version of the jersey is still my favorite, by far.

Keep doing what you're doing, but throw some of us long-time fans a bone down the line.

A couple of suggestions:

I would make the home jersey black. With enough gold, it will differentiate enough from the kings, I just can't imagine a team named the black knights wearing a gold uni.

Also, I would put a secondary logo on the alternate uni.

Just my two cents ;)

spacer.png

I see how you're trying to tailor this somewhat to what the actual Vegas team might be doing, but I still vastly prefer your older color scheme. I know you're going to continue to tweak it with these colors, but I hope you'll give us a version of the "older" concept (you know, way back to last week) with your new (better) Vegas star and helmet. The fully striped banner version of the jersey is still my favorite, by far.

Keep doing what you're doing, but throw some of us long-time fans a bone down the line.

You're right darkp. Why not proceed down both paths?

Here's the old colour scheme as an alt.

Thanks d.

bk2-011.jpg

That new sword logo is a beauty! Big improvement!

I'm not incredibly fond of the revamped horse logo... I think it's the pupil in the eye. It may look better if you have it looking forward, and make it a little bigger.

I also agree with Crabcake, a team called the Black Knights ought to have a black jersey as their primary. The gold would make a good alt though. It does feel Vegas-y

A couple of suggestions:

I would make the home jersey black. With enough gold, it will differentiate enough from the kings, I just can't imagine a team named the black knights wearing a gold uni.

Also, I would put a secondary logo on the alternate uni.

Just my two cents ;)

Thanks for the input Crabcake.

I have found the whole "Black Knight" thing to be kinda awkward.

First there was the name issue (BlacKnight, Black Knight, or Black Knight?).

Then there's the closeness in colour and theme to the nearest opponent...The L.A. Kings.

I tried a black uni with the Aces and it was decided that it was probably not a good idea.

I've taken your suggestion and have put the secondary on front of an Away Alt.

The light silver-grey diagonal stripes work almost like a watermark...

bk2-012.jpg

I also agree with Crabcake, a team called the Black Knights ought to have a black jersey as their primary.

I think suplauren, that the 'Knights should have a black uni, but maybe not as a primary.

The similarities with the Kings, Bruins and Penguins, and the "Oh no...not another black uniform" sentiment, might make a black primary home uni, a tough sell.

I usually am not a big fan of the college-style, script jerseys, but using a short "V-E-G-A-S" and a separate "LAS", makes it an interesting option.

It's a little "Boston-ish"...but it's an alt...

bk2-013.jpg

O.K....Finally satisfied with the logos and unis.

Thanks for all of the help in getting there.

The line-up looks pretty good, although it's gonna be tough with the Gold/Black/Silver-Grey colour scheme to avoid comparisons to Pittsburgh and Boston.

But here they are...

bk2-019.jpg

bk2-022.jpg

I really like the uni lineup, just one thing that kind of bothers me: the "lv" on the shoulders of the top unis and the striped alt is white, but it is gold on the away alt and home alt. Don't know if that was intended or not, but just a little something I caught.

Also, I have to say that I really respect you sparky, you take C&C so well and alter your stuff so much based on suggestions, you are the best at listening to suggestions and changing things based on those suggestions. Keep it up.

Also your las vegas concept series have been brilliant.

spacer.png

... you take C&C so well and alter your stuff so much based on suggestions, you are the best at listening to suggestions and changing things based on those suggestions.

Thank you Crabcake...I do appreciate the feedback, and it's always good to get varied opinions.

A knight like Vegas needs a dragon to battle with, so I thought that it would be fun to have a second mascot for Vegas to interact with.

I envision a big dumb-looking, "photo-op" type of mascot.

I went with "Alice in Wonderland"'s Jabberwocky because it's a funky name that rhymes with hockey.

A good identity to add to the kids' stuff...

bk2-023.jpg

bk2-024.jpg

Archived