Las Vegas (Something) Knights NHL concept

sparkychewbarky

On 2016-11-23 at 8:35 PM, EJaws said:

Over the past year or so I've been in love with this thread, watching it grow and develop. Now that the real deal is out, its insane how close your concept was to the real thing.

On 2016-11-23 at 11:37 AM, Paul Lucas said:

That primary logo is incredible! Great freakin' job. Looks like a knight and not a spartan...and has the 'LV.' ????????

Thanks guys.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Who is this mysterious Sparky Chewbarky? His presence could be felt all over the hockey concepts world last year as he produced an impressive amount of Las Vegas team concepts, and some fantastic ideas.  Many of Knights concepts have a similar theme and color palette, which is notably very close to the four colors of the team’s eventual, official branding.  Is this a chicken before the egg, situation? Could the franchise have been influenced by Sparky’s designs floating around the web? We may never know."

Does this make you feel so mysterious to everywhere on earth, @sparky chewbarky??? Lol, I still feel that ACES is best name for Las Vegas rather than Knights. 

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

59 minutes ago, JMtexan09 said:

"Who is this mysterious Sparky Chewbarky? His presence could be felt all over the hockey concepts world last year as he produced an impressive amount of Las Vegas team concepts, and some fantastic ideas.  Many of Knights concepts have a similar theme and color palette, which is notably very close to the four colors of the team’s eventual, official branding.  Is this a chicken before the egg, situation? Could the franchise have been influenced by Sparky’s designs floating around the web? We may never know."

Does this make you feel so mysterious to everywhere on earth, @sparky chewbarky??? Lol, I still feel that ACES is best name for Las Vegas rather than Knights. 

I agree with you on the Aces thing JM.

I have to admit, that I find the "mysterious" tag kind of cool. (I showed it to my wife and she just laughed, though).

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2017 at 7:52 AM, sparky chewbarky said:

...Got a nice mention from the folks at HbD (Hockey by Design)...

VGKConcepts-Part1-636.jpg

...in an article by Chad Pinckney. It's a good read and you can check it out here.

I would vastly prefer to be seeing the Chess Knight three times a year, over their "West Point tribute."

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• 2 months later...
On 7/13/2016 at 3:28 PM, BeerGuyJordan said:

I'm more ok with Knights. Four words in a team name feels too long winded, IMO. I know it's a long shot, but I still pray to the hockey gods for Aces. I just feel that it would really suit the city.

lol they tried to call it the knights but then this team from my hometown was like how bout you dont, and then the league was like but please, and the team was like nah

Here's my cities sick team the London Knights! LOL! screw vegas no one messes with Dale Hunter!

Image result for london knights

Archived