Hull City AFC logo concept

mcrosby

Hull City AFC won't give up on their pursuit to be known officially as Hull City Tigers, despite their terrible tiger render.

Here is their current logo:

Hull-City.png

And here is my concept logo:

dwcALGb.png

I wanted to give them a unique crest, but stay true to their history. I found some older patches that give me the uniqueness I was looking for. You might notice that the forehead stripes don't quite look right, with those I wanted to give a feeling of the three crowns from the Kingston upon Hull coat of arms. I'm not 100% satisfied just yet, so please give that C&C we all love.

badges.jpg

Keep the shading...adds more dynamism. And since they've had that partial roundel for so long, keep that too. Maintains equity that way.

Take a closer look at the kerning on the "CITY"...looks a fair bit off right now.

Not entirely certain about the forehead stripes--but I do understand what you're going for with that, and it's not like it looks way out of place.

(One other question: just how did you manage to get so good at doing these kinds of things so fast??)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Nice and clean. I say keep the partial roundel as is. My only recommendation is to maybe squint the eyes a little bit more. The tiger currently has a bit of a surprised look on his face. Great work, as always!

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

I say keep it as a partial roundel as it gives it a more unique look. It's good to see something a little different.

glory10.png

Hull City AFC won't give up on their pursuit to be known officially as Hull City Tigers, despite their terrible tiger render.

Indeed, the madness continues - although the name the owners want is now just 'Hull Tigers', they dropped any pretence of keeping the word 'City' some time ago unfortunately.

But enough of madcap millionaires and their daft ideas - your concept isn't half bad. The gap between 'Hull' and 'City' draws my eye in a little, but I'm not sure what you could do about that without doing something that'll make the ears look odd.

The subtle use of the crowns is a nice touch. In real life it's not something the owners would approve of, as it's the symbol of the local council and it's a dispute with them which resulted in the name change application in the first place. Don't let that put you off though, it's a nice idea!

I like the unorthodox roundel and I think your latest version looks better with the extra portions added, although the tiger's chops get lost a bit on the right lower section. Would it work if you made the smaller roundel amber so the jaw stood out against that? If these amber sections had a black keyline matching the white ones the crest should work whether the design of the shirt places it on a black or amber stripe.

Indeed, the madness continues - although the name the owners want is now just 'Hull Tigers', they dropped any pretence of keeping the word 'City' some time ago unfortunately.

But enough of madcap millionaires and their daft ideas - your concept isn't half bad. The gap between 'Hull' and 'City' draws my eye in a little, but I'm not sure what you could do about that without doing something that'll make the ears look odd.

The subtle use of the crowns is a nice touch. In real life it's not something the owners would approve of, as it's the symbol of the local council and it's a dispute with them which resulted in the name change application in the first place. Don't let that put you off though, it's a nice idea!

I like the unorthodox roundel and I think your latest version looks better with the extra portions added, although the tiger's chops get lost a bit on the right lower section. Would it work if you made the smaller roundel amber so the jaw stood out against that? If these amber sections had a black keyline matching the white ones the crest should work whether the design of the shirt places it on a black or amber stripe.

The inclusion of the crowns was specifically because of the attempt to change the name. I mistyped in my original post and included City. I think taking 'City' out is ridiculous, therefor the city council symbol gets included.

I'll post another update soon with your input in mind.

My own feeling is you have now added too much to it and it is starting to look cluttered around the outside and deflects attention from the tiger. The original was far better.

glory10.png

I like the first partial roundel the best. But because they've always had an angled tiger, the only with shading makes sense. the 3 crowns are brilliant, unless you're staring directly at them, it doesn't take away.

Archived