Best/favorite color schemes?

MCM0313

Hate me all you want, but WYO's color scheme is ultra unique and I actually like the yellow and brown combo.

Admittedly, though, they've cluttered it up with toilet bowl collars and flywire in recent years.

wy-12-browngold-troybabbitt-vert-620x829

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't remember exactly where it's located, but somebody did an NBA redesign on these boards and I especially love what he did with the Heat and the Grizzlies. The Grizzlies' main color became brown (don't immediately recall their secondary and tertiary colors), while the Heat took on a South Beach-themed color scheme, with black, neon blue, and neon pink. Those were both very solid schemes, and the last one was also quite daring.

Hate me all you want, but WYO's color scheme is ultra unique and I actually like the yellow and brown combo.

Admittedly, though, they've cluttered it up with toilet bowl collars and flywire in recent years.

I like that they actually wear brown in football. I wish they'd do the same in basketball.

I'm a fan of the short lived Hawks scheme, with the blue and green.

1e9khh5r8f7o21oshh23oehv7.gif?w=429&h=43\

I'm also a fan of the yellow and brown, but I personally think that Valparaiso does it better. They primarily use yellow, and I think they use a lighter shade of brown than Wyoming.

ncaa-valparaiso-maryl_bloy-e142690555226

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

I'm also a fan of the yellow and brown, but I personally think that Valparaiso does it better. They primarily use yellow, and I think they use a lighter shade of brown than Wyoming.

Valparaiso U.:

PMS_469_C_SRGB.png

U. of Wyoming:

PMS_476_C_SRGB.png

EtLZlFw.jpg

I used to think the Cleveland Indians were purple and red.

I remember these card sets as a kid...

513PMHrQ5UL._SY355_.jpg5453e6412a9cd_66095b.jpg

and the colors used for the card graphics are purple (more like fuschia) and red. Most of the cards I saw of the Indians were purple. I think even when I saw "Major League", I was convinced the Indians were dark purple, not navy.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

EtLZlFw.jpg

I used to think the Cleveland Indians were purple and red.

I remember these card sets as a kid...

513PMHrQ5UL._SY355_.jpg5453e6412a9cd_66095b.jpg

and the colors used for the card graphics are purple (more like fuschia) and red. Most of the cards I saw of the Indians were purple. I think even when I saw "Major League", I was convinced the Indians were dark purple, not navy.

For some reason I think certain cars are dark purple when everyone tells me they're black, but that's probably just because I'm insane

lesser known ones:Tulane, Orlando Predators, Oakland Invaders, Frankfurt Galaxy, Loyola Marymount, Hawaii

8915157-large.jpgevent_orlando_predators_amway_sports.jpg

Williams_John1_Invaders_USFL.jpg0000.gif

hankgathers.jpgfbb6.gif

Totally forgot LMU and classic Hawaii. Love the Rainbow logo, and it's a shame they can't share that symbol with the LGBT movement without one being associated with the other. Rainbow stripes on the pants are also great---not too many teams have done that.

As for the Orlando Predators, I checked Wikipedia and it said their colors are black, red, "gold" (actually yellow), and white---but the uniform and (especially) the helmet in that picture look unmistakably brown to me, and the red looks orange-ish. Is that because of the lighting, or did they once wear brown? Because that'd be pretty cool if they did.

No they've always had black, it looks black to me in the pic too. Hawaii and the Gay Pride rainbows are different, they don't have to share. Gay pride has orange and purple, Hawaii doesn't. gay-pride-flag.jpg

Homer picks --

Black and Orange -- Orioles, Giants

Red, White, Black and Gold -- Maryland Terrapins

Other pick --

FairCatchJerry-vi.jpg

It was hard to find a picture of the blue jersey. I don't think this picture does justice to the color scheme.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I thought they looked great when they looked like this (I hated playing them though):

wyoming_zpsimkartjs.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived