New Riddell Speedflex template

Darth Brooks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Darth, You know that the reward for doing quality work is more work right.

I am wondering if it would be possible to flip the 3/4 perspective template and redo the Riddell lettering on helmet pad and chinstrap. I have a Steelers concept that I am doing and the traditional view is the logo on the right face of the helmet and nothing on the left face and would love to use a different perspective to showcase my concept. I also think a back perspective 3/4 would be awesome but your plate is probably already full. I will make sure that you get the credit that you deserve. Thanks in advance.

For me, using Photoshop Elements....

Click VIEW - DISTORT - PINCH - set to -30%

It's not perfect but does the job for me

I've simply clicked warp or done puppet wrap for the bigger full helmet logos. I'll try this though. It might make them look a little better.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I've simply clicked warp or done puppet wrap for the bigger full helmet logos. I'll try this though. It might make them look a little better.

I'll give those a try and do a comparison to see which one is better.

Is puppet wrap a photoshop element? Adobe illustrator? please let me know. I prefer to use Filter/Distort/Spherize at Normal and at 60 % in the inner portion of the top right quadrant of a square canvas. I also use the EDIT/TRANSFORM/SKEW to align the logo in the proper horizontal perspective using the warp guide that is in the new template that Darth made.

Hey Darth, You know that the reward for doing quality work is more work right.

I am wondering if it would be possible to flip the 3/4 perspective template and redo the Riddell lettering on helmet pad and chinstrap. I have a Steelers concept that I am doing and the traditional view is the logo on the right face of the helmet and nothing on the left face and would love to use a different perspective to showcase my concept. I also think a back perspective 3/4 would be awesome but your plate is probably already full. I will make sure that you get the credit that you deserve. Thanks in advance.

I'll give it a try.

the stripes on the template are off center.. skewed slightly towards us as the "viewers".. you can tell because the closest stripe overlaps the cutout almost completely, and the stripe furthest away doesn't seem to touch the cutout much if any..

not trying to nitpick.. i just know that someone took the time to create these for good, quality, accurate representations, and since i didnt think it was quite as accurate as it could be, i thought i'd share my 2 cents... these helmets look great though! keep up all the good work

You're right, I'm actually going to do that. I really didn't plan on doing any of these helmets, minus the dolphins one, but I got a request for one and just added that. Then one request became two, then three and so on. After the last one that's what I'm going to do. Absolutely did not mean to hi-jack the thread but I guess that's what I've done. My apologies to Darth.

I just really love these templates. They're probably the easiest and best looking ones I worked with so far.

You're right, I'm actually going to do that. I really didn't plan on doing any of these helmets, minus the dolphins one, but I got a request for one and just added that. Then one request became two, then three and so on. After the last one that's what I'm going to do. Absolutely did not mean to hi-jack the thread but I guess that's what I've done. My apologies to Darth.

I just really love these templates. They're probably the easiest and best looking ones I worked with so far.

totally fine by me, I love seeing this put to good use (i'm not a football guy, so :( for me.)

tinysig.jpg

Archived