Political Logos

Waffles

Did nobody in Hillary's campaign realize the subconscious association that people will draw from a huge red arrow pointing to the right? Also, the shades of red and blue they used are too bright and vibrate against each other without outlines to break them up. This is a pretty big step back from Obama's excellent branding.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind it.

It's not Obama's 'O', but it's simple, clean H with an arrow pointing 'forward' so it has a message that Obama and Democrats have been pushing.

Obama-FORWARD-600x350.jpg

Get points with going with an actual logo unlike most campaigns that go with a flag/flame/star and name. Example: Her 2008 logo.

200px-Hillary.png

PNoyf0xz.png

OH. It's a right arrow. Guys. It's a right arrow. Look closely.

But seriously, the internet is absolutely panning this logo. Quips such as "Looks like it was made with MS Paint," "Someone found the polygonal lasso or the shift key for those straight lines," and my favorite, "Which lucky 3rd Grader won the Clinton Campaign Contest?"

THAT SAID.

It is very simple. It is very recognizable.

Michael Bierut is one of my favorite graphic designers and truly one of the best minds you'll find in modern design. but no one can hit a home run every at-bat. i think the "Republican arrow" thing is a stretch; that's trying to make it something its not. the real message is clear, i just think it's really ugly. the choice of swatches is just terrible. i really don't think it stands out amongst the crowd either because it's reminiscent of other things, like Hospital signage or maybe something you'd see at an airport. usually, such simplicity wouldn't be a bad thing because connection and meaning of a logo develops over time. it might even take a decade to get there. with these logos they have a short life and have to hit the message and connect to the thing they represent NOW. i don't think this really does that.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I want to like the Hillary logo. I'm a fan of bold, clear logos and this certainly qualifies. It's just that it's not working here. The red arrow pointing to the right is the biggest misstep. Yes, I understand it's supposed to represent "progress" and "moving forward" but "wow, that's a red arrow pointing to the right" was the first thing that popped into my mind upon seeing it.

Hillary's colors give me a headache.

Everyone's trying to hard to be Obama with their logo. Ted Cruz's teardrop-cum-burning flag. Rand Paul's torch. Hillary's H. They should stop trying to match Obama's "o" and just focus on making a clean, recognizeable campaign image. Which Hillary and Rand have done for the most part.

EDIT: the monochrome version is better.

kX2RXxj.jpg

spacer.png

Hillary's colors give me a headache.

Everyone's trying to hard to be Obama with their logo. Ted Cruz's teardrop-cum-burning flag. Rand Paul's torch. Hillary's H. They should stop trying to match Obama's "o" and just focus on making a clean, recognizeable campaign image. Which Hillary and Rand have done for the most part.

EDIT: the monochrome version is better.

kX2RXxj.jpg

Rand's works because the negative space forming the torch seems natural and he's using a dark navy. Which contrasts nicely with the red. Hilary's royal blue just bleeds into the red.

The double blue version is much better. The arrow doesn't seem as egregious when it's not in GOP red.

Ted-Cruz-Family-AP822087999887-1024x682.

I think Bill Maher said it best. "Ted Cruz won't be President. Why? Even his daughter is like 'Really, dad?'" :lol:

I don't believe I'm going to say this, but I am: please, let's keep this thread design-related. Let the candidates prove themselves idiots on their own. ;)

Fair enough, I just thought it was a funny point

Out of curiosity, would anyone be up for a challenge to see if they could out-design these logos?

Archived