Political Logos

Waffles

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, provided they pay Justin Striebel for his great work, Marco Rubio's campaign can use this little baby he designed for my nascent 2014 N.C. House run...

bigm.png

I made that, Mac. Justin Striebel would have done much better work. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

i think the overblown reaction to Hillary's logo shows how much people expect (and want) to see the expected. it's an average logo at best, but it's better than most politician's logos. it just doesn't look like any other politician's logo. throw a star or some red and white stripes in there and i don't think we see the crazy online reactions to it. of course, she's the highest profile candidate too, so people will want any reason to knock her down.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i think the overblown reaction to Hillary's logo shows how much people expect (and want) to see the expected. it's an average logo at best, but it's better than most politician's logos. it just doesn't look like any other politician's logo. throw a star or some red and white stripes in there and i don't think we see the crazy online reactions to it. of course, she's the highest profile candidate too, so people will want any reason to knock her down.

Disagree. Obama's logo/identity got universal praise because it deviated from the norm and looked good. Hillary's identity is getting criticism because it's just not that good and looks amateurish.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I think there's something to this. The Hillary logo, for its faults, was at least bold in its simplicity. There's hasn't been a logo quite like this that I can remember, at least not one without the use of gradients and web 2.0 effects.

Her team took a chance with something different, and of the 2016 logos released so far (not many, tbh), it's the one that continues to attract the most attention. Hillary was never going to get through the primary unscathed, so launching such a polarizing logo -- her team isn't stupid; they expected some friction -- at least show she's willing to taker her critics head on. Or over somewhere to the right.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Disagree. Obama's logo/identity got universal praise because it deviated from the norm and looked good. Hillary's identity is getting criticism because it's just not that good and looks amateurish.

it also featured red and white stripes.

it's never just about "looking good". that's the least important characteristic of any design

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

it also featured red and white stripes.

it's never just about "looking good". that's the least important characteristic of any design

It still deviated from the norm, as I also mentioned. Yes, it featured American flag imagery, but it was still extremely different from the typical "candidate's first or last name in a BIG-ASS FONT with swooshes, stars, and/or stripes around it" template.

Basically, this was the "norm" that Obama's brand deviated from:

7sD3FJ6.gif

cfdbQgK.gif

SBSdREA.gif

rJhQ6cI.gif

Clearly you can see the difference between that and this:

2A77hbQ.gif

9fKR1uw.gif

It's fairly obvious that Hillary's 2014 branding doesn't exist without the success of Obama's branding. Her 2008 logo/material was about as conventional and bland as it gets:

hv97mO0.gif

ll5nu3E.jpg

Meanwhile, the aesthetics of her current branding are pretty much lifted from the Obama playbook - simple, modern, flat and trendy. However, it wasn't executed nearly as well for all the reasons stated in this thread and elsewhere (big red Republican arrow, color vibration, poor typography, etc.), so it just looks like a cheap knock-off. I actually think Rand Paul's campaign has done the best job of emulating Obama's style of branding while still being original and thoughtfully-done.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

See, now I'm intrigued.

waka-flocka.jpeg

Waka Flocka Flame has announced his candidacy for presidency. His platform, of all things, is the legalization of marijuana. No logo yet, but his running mate is DJ Whoo Kid. Supposedly, he actually filed the paperwork to run.

Waka cross the street

Waka dog on a leash
Waka, Texas Ranger
Luke Skywaka
Waka!

Waka, Waka, Wakaaaaaaa!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Meanwhile, the aesthetics of her current branding are pretty much lifted from the Obama playbook - simple, modern, flat and trendy. However, it wasn't executed nearly as well for all the reasons stated in this thread and elsewhere (big red Republican arrow, color vibration, poor typography, etc.), so it just looks like a cheap knock-off. I actually think Rand Paul's campaign has done the best job of emulating Obama's style of branding while still being original and thoughtfully-done.

Point of order: the original Obama logo wasn't flat:

437px-barack_obama_primary_campaign_logo

The flat version came during his re-election campaign.

I don't really get the love for the Rand logo. Yeah it's a flame with a "hidden" handle, but why is that good?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Point of order: the original Obama logo wasn't flat:

437px-barack_obama_primary_campaign_logo

The flat version came during his re-election campaign.

I don't really get the love for the Rand logo. Yeah it's a flame with a "hidden" handle, but why is that good?

The Torch is an oft-underused image for patriotism/liberty. Usually, you just see the flame. The use of the negative space is pretty clever, albeit poorly executed.

CDXAMbkUIAArCdN.png

White and light blue on a dark background. Nice recolor. Hope they're going that direction.

u7GWaekZ_400x400.png

Is this official?

It was in an e-mail they sent out yesterday, and they're using it as their Twitter avatar. I like the idea of it, but that is one garish version of a rainbow. I like how they've been using the logo as a media placeholder lately.

Looking forward to what her team comes up with for the general election campaign. I wonder if they'll move towards using "Clinton" instead of "Hillary," as the VP candidate probably won't be best known by his/her first name.

PJU85JF.png

Archived