My take on various MLS Teams (Chicago Primary 5/15)

upperV03

Being from Oregon, I am a huge Portland Timbers fan. Like many other Timbers faithfuls, I was a little bit disappointed by this years new primary kit. The idea behind the kit is great, but the execution not so much. So without further ado, this is my attempt at creating a new and improved primary kit for the green and gold. As always, c&c is greatly appreciated! 6Yvwnoh.png
And also, a huge thank you to raysox for the template! This template is incredible and very straight forward to work with.

**UPDATE: Portland, Vancouver, Seattle, Houston, NE, Columbus completed, DCU primary posted, Chicago primary and secondary posted

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to say, this jersey looks great from all aspects. I'm never a fan of the Timber's jerseys, but this one actually looks good. I do want to note out that it would be even nicer if you carry the chevron design with the socks, to make it even more unique. Also the badge and Nike logo are a bit too big compared to the sponsor, I would recommend resizing it. Also the Alaska Airlines logo also seems to be more on the grey end, rather than the the pure white colour which seen all around the jersey. I would even think you should slightly resize the back number and name, to make it a little bit smaller too.

Finally just like what the Blue Bomber said, the black number on the shorts doesn't work well, this is your concept and your designs, so do what you'd like on the jerseys, rather than doing what's suppose to be shown.

Keep it up, this so far looks great.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

I am planning on doing secondary and third kits for the timbers in the coming days, and then once I finish with those I will decide if I want to do any other teams. Thank you all for the feedback though, I'll try and update it asap.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Okay here is the updated kit for you all. I took your suggestions and re-sized the adidas and team logos on the front of the shirt, and re-sized the name and number on the back. I also changed the number on the shorts to pine green (MUCH better), and added the chevron pattern from the shirt to the socks in the form of slight hoops. The alaska airlines logo for some reason appears grey when i convert it to a .png file so unfortunately that remains as is. Otherwise, I hope you all enjoy the changes!

Io7YkRh.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I am back today with my interpretation of what I would like to see with a new secondary kit for the Timbers. I am expecting there to be more criticism of this design, specifically with the all black. But my design features a similar theme to the current secondary kit, but this time the red in the kit is much less prevalent, and moss green is introduced. The shirt features the popular rising sun design within subtle moss green hoops. The design stops below the adidas logo and team logo, which is bordered by a subtle thorn pattern in the same shade as the rising sun. Again, c&c is much appreciated, and I hope you like it!

ghEDo6K.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

That looks sharp! I'm not really sure if it contradicts tradition or anything, but I think the axe on its own below the collar and on the socks should maybe be solid instead of an outline. Might be a little hard to see.

x1elJNM.jpg

Maybe it's just semantics, but I think the black can't work as a clash kit, but it would work as a third kit. The secondary kit is supposed to differ in color greatly from the primary so that it can be worn when the home team wears a color too close to the pine green. The black doesn't give much contrast from that. But a third kit can be a similar color to the primary kit.

As far as the design, I like it. The red and volt give enough brightness to the kit to make it work.

award%20sig.png

I did think about that in the design, and while I agree with you, Portland is one of the few teams in MLS that can get away with a clash kit so similar in color to the primary. Their primary clashes with very few teams, but I am planning on making the third kit a much lighter color.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Here is my take on what I would like to see with the next Timbers third kit. The shirt features green and white hoops, paying homage to the 2002 season and the scarves made famous by The Timbers Army. The jocktag shows two black crossed axes with a rose in the middle, an image that is featured on the crest of The Timbers Army, and on the scarves. Finally, below the neck are the words "We Fight For You" in rose city red, showing the strong connection between the club and the fans. C&C on all three kits would be much appreciated.

M4L2Z4u.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Huh

Looks great but the airlines part of alaska airlines isn't colored

It's meant to be that way. The new Alaska Airlines logo is actually more commonly depicted like that, as seen here:7DakxOi.png

Huh. Didn't know that. Seems a bit strange, but your third kit is phenomenal :notworthy:

soflo copy.png

As I'm sure any soccer fans with eyes can see, your primary kit is simply a thing of beauty. The secondary kit is alright but I think it could use a little more red. The third kit is also very good.

spacer.png

Archived