Vitorio Arts NHL

VitorioArts

Hey Guys! I am designing what I think the NHL should look like! As some of you know, I love simplicity. I am doing all 30 teams but started with the Metropolitan Division. Next is the Pacific Division. Hope you like this one! C&C Welcome!

VitorioArtsNHL_zpsrz9m5s1h.jpg

First up, the New York Rangers.

NYRangersHome_zpsasnb69y9.jpgNYRangersAway_zpsrwc2foek.jpg

Second, the New York Islanders.

NYIslandersHome_zpst2p1iq5m.jpgNYIslandersAway_zpshrvxuvlu.jpg

The Pittsburgh Penguins.

PittPenguinsHome_zpsmnfxjggg.jpgPittPenguinsAway_zpswuytccoo.jpg

Washington Capitals.

WashCapitalsHome_zpsb3pr29j8.jpgWashCapitalsAway_zpsyfcy4fn5.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thatlaxgoalie, chill with the signatures.

I really like the simplicity. I actually don't like the red and green combo they used to have but you pulled it off quite well.

"You play to win the game...Hello. You play to win the game." - Herman Edwards

"We talkin' bout practice?" - A.I.

"What’s that? Ah — playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game." - Jim Mora

Simple is good, but I think these are too simple. I mean, every single one so far has horizontal arm stripes. They're ultra-traditional, even for teams that have modern logos. I'd prefer to see things switched up a little bit.

Yeah, I'd like if there was more of an individual theme with each jersey set. For example, the Rangers should use the yoke that they have on the away also on the home, but with changed colors. And the Blue Jaxkets should be more Ohio themed. Right now most of these look like the Canucks jerseys.

That's what- She

Already commented but i had to give some more thorough feedback on Columbus and Philadelphia because they look absolutely spectacular. Never understood the pass the Blue Jackets current set commonly gets and after seeing your concept, I will never accept those uniforms again. A simple but bold striping pattern is exactly what the team needs and on this application, I don't even mind the blue stripe on blue. As for Philadelphia, its a pretty much perfect merging of eras, with a classic lace-up to tie it together. Another improvement of the status quo.

If I were to compare these with what the teams currently wear I'd have to say they're downgrades.

Rangers: Basically the exact same except without the yoke stripes on the away. IMO - Worse

Islanders: The same jerseys they wear now except without the hem stripes. IMO - Worse

Penguins: Exactly what they've worn in the past. Not very creative. IMO - Not really a concept

Capitals: Finally something different. Too simple for my taste. IMO - Worse (which is surprising)

Flyers: Too simple for the Flyers. (Black & Orange should be swapped on the away) IMO - Worse

Devils: Close to what they used to wear except a different yoke on the away, which is a downgrade. IMO - Not really a concept

Blue Jackets: As a Jackets fan, I'm pretty disappointed. IMO - Worse

Hurricanes: What they wear currently is pretty dull, but these are duller. IMO - Worse

I really don't know what to say. These are just really boring. Give the jerseys some life, be creative. Also some shoulder patches would help out a lot.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Archived