Like, omigod! The most 1980s uniforms ever!

johnnysama

This is a double. Hip numbers and shoeless kickers.mike_lansford_1986_01_04.jpg

The blues in that Rams uniforms almost match. I don't remember that.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I never much minded the Rams' mismatched blues. Barely even noticed 'em. I noticed NYG's more but even they weren't bad to me; it just made them more memorable. That said, I preferred the Rams' white jerseys, which, when matched up with yellow pants and their famous helmet, looked incredible to my eyes.

Also: someone's mentioned this in another thread, but that 40-year decal is incredibly '80s, in a techie-looking, the-future-is-now kind of way. (Think Speak'n'Spell/Math, PBS logos of that time period, etc.)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

al_1981_seattle.gif

Almost similar to Milwaukee's in a few ways (even for a few seasons their batting helmets had a white front panel), except the Mariners never had a yellow panel on their road caps. Dat shoulder striping, tho.....

UBwef0L.png

al_1981_seattle.gif

Almost similar to Milwaukee's in a few ways (even for a few seasons their batting helmets had a white front panel), except the Mariners never had a yellow panel on their road caps. Dat shoulder striping, tho.....

Guessing this is early '80s?

Not only the sleeves, but the full wraparound helmet logo, with "BULLS" visible from the back. That was probably one of the best uniforms to come out of the 1980s from any sport.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived