Raysox's Major League Cricket

raysox

MLC.png
In an alternate universe, the Beatles' British Invasion left an even bigger footprint on American Culture. The Beatles performed at Shea Stadium in August of 1965. The following off season, 6 teams with stadiums with big, circular, cookie cutter stadiums decided to switch to a more proper sport. The teams formed Major League Cricket. Those teams were the Mets, Athletics, Orioles, Cardinals, Braves, and Astros. The teams invented the Twenty20 version cricket to appeal to the American spectators. Each October, the teams would compete for the Ashes Series.
The game began growing, and interest sparked in other Major League cities. Teams began defecting to MLC when they opened their big stadiums, splitting them with the NFL team in the same city. Soon following, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Philadelphia switched in time for the 1970 and 1971 season.

Major League Cricket started to expand in the next 15 years. The Seattle Mariners Cricket Club, and the Expos de Montréal du cricket came into the league at 1976. The Minnesota Twins also joined in 1982. The history of these teams evolved exactly like the MLB counterparts of this universe, except the stadiums. Most teams stayed in their circular cookie cutters. The Expos moved to RFK Stadium and became the Nationals in 2005.
----------
I got into cricket during this Cricket World Cup. I realized how simple the rules were when I compared them to baseball. There's no major cricket league in this country, and thought that I could stir up the most interest by putting MLB logos on my template, which I made today. I thought that choosing the teams with big circular stadiums would be a good start. I'll tell you that this was not my most creative series concept wise, but I had fun doing it. Typically, cricket uniforms are a polo with pants. Each team in a league has a different color uniform, so no matter who you play, you wear your primary jersey. I kept that in mind, and tried my best to diferentiate.

Atlanta.png

Baltimore.png

Cincinnati.png

Houston.png

Minnesota.png

NewYork.png

Oakland.png

Philadelphia.png

Pittsburgh.png

I like the idea. It's obviously just a bit of fun but still isn't the most ludicrous concept to be seen on these boards.

Generally, the leg pads match the colour of the pants. Usually, a mismatched look is considered a bad one. Mainly because it can be down to a team getting new kit and not updating the leg pads to match the pants.

Other than that I like what you have created.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I like the idea. It's obviously just a bit of fun but still isn't the most ludicrous concept to be seen on these boards.

Generally, the leg pads match the colour of the pants. Usually, a mismatched look is considered a bad one. Mainly because it can be down to a team getting new kit and not updating the leg pads to match the pants.

I tried to stick to that, but I didn't really know that was a trope! I kinda knew white looked classic. But i figured navy would look better than orange on the Astros.

I think this is the first cricket series I've seen on here, but the template is there for anyone wanting to add more. If anyone has the time, I'd love to see which of the 12 teams won the Ashes Series, based on who got the furthest in the playoffs.

I tried to stick to that, but I didn't really know that was a trope! I kinda knew white looked classic. But i figured navy would look better than orange on the Astros.

I think this is the first cricket series I've seen on here, but the template is there for anyone wanting to add more. If anyone has the time, I'd love to see which of the 12 teams won the Ashes Series, based on who got the furthest in the playoffs.

I mean, it's not absolutely unheard of for them to be deliberately mismatched - particularly in the newer T20 leagues. You could definitely pull off the navy pads on the Astros because it kind of lends itself to the rest of the uniform. However, some of the more classic/simple looks might be better served with matching pads.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Yeah I just decided the best way to explain the teams I chose was them breakig off from the MLB. I didn't choose teams like Boston and Kansas City because their stadiums had quirks.

A friend replied to my tweet about this series that the Rays plaid would've been sweet, and I told him that they won 15 World Series. So yeah I like to believe the mlb exists still exists.

This is so great! For the longest time I've wanted to make a Canadian Cricket League. And now I've got the perfect template to do this. I'm excited for the Tribe! And I think the Braves would look great with the feathers, and it'd be cool if the cricket bats were customized to each team

That's what- She

Guest darkpiranha

Pretty cool. Looking forward to how this plays out.

Also, in this crazy alternate United States, does Pittsburgh have an extra R? j/k, (but not really, cause you do have a vestigial R in there)

Pretty cool. Looking forward to how this plays out.

Also, in this crazy alternate United States, does Pittsburgh have an extra R? j/k, (but not really, cause you do have a vestigial R in there)

Good catch! That's on me. I had Cincinnati spelled wrong until just before I posted it.

I am an absolute cricket fanatic and I love what you've done here! Looking forward to seeing more of these.

Traditionally i'd agree, but with Twenty20 Cricket being so massive these days, plenty of T20 franchises all over the globe have gone for pads that don't match the pants colour, but tie in with another colour on the uniform.

I quite like all your designs as I think cricket uniforms should be always kept simple and rely on colours to provide distinction. However, a couple technical things one day/T20 uniforms are never white (the introduction of coloured uniforms plays a strangely important role in the development of modern cricket) and gloves aren't team coloured as they vary between the players depending on their sponsors. However, as this is fantasy it obviously doesn't matter and your designs are otherwise solid.

Archived