2015 Arena League

MJWalker45

Arena League kicked off tonight. So far one confirmed change is that Tampa Bay has new jerseys. They are using the same uniform template that the Gladiators use. Instead of multiple logos covering the sleeves and back yoke they are all blue with a white stripe on the shoulder. The Storm/football logo is on each sleeve and they have returned to standard block numbers. Numbers are white with gold outline.

tampa%20bay%20storm%202015%20russell%20a

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Las Vegas Outlaws still have not unveiled their uniforms. They start playing in two days.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Las Vegas Outlaws still have not unveiled their uniforms. They start playing in two days.

If that isn't professional, than I don't know what is. I think this example shows what a first class league the new AFL is.

Why do they still use astroturf in arena football? My guess would be because its cheap and easy but players definitely take a beating, they play a lot of games and get hit into walls and play on astroturf... A lot to sacrifice for not a lot of money.

It's a big step up from where turf used to be. Something tells me Vegas will try to outdo LA with their field and uniforms. Portland also has new uniforms, red jerseys and pants as well as a new helmet with the city skyline on the back of the helmet and lightning patterns across the helmet. No more of those ugly helmet stripes, at least for this week.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It's a big step up from where turf used to be. Something tells me Vegas will try to outdo LA with their field and uniforms. Portland also has new uniforms, red jerseys and pants as well as a new helmet with the city skyline on the back of the helmet and lightning patterns across the helmet. No more of those ugly helmet stripes, at least for this week.

The red unis were unveiled and used late last season. Not a fan of them, but at least they don't clash as badly with the helmets this season. And regarding the helmets, everything I've read points to them being the new full-time helmets, which would be a huge upgrade.

Seriously, that team needs a renaming and rebranding in a major way. Should never have been named Thunder in the first place...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I know for a fact Russell Athletic has a lot more diverse uniform templates than the same 4 or so they seem to use for every team. This league used to have decent uniforms that looked like they could belong in the outdoor game. Nowadays its all the same Monochrome, black for black's sake, generic minor league uniforms for everyone. It's amazing they are still going since they lost 3 teams in the off season.

Las Vegas' uniforms are bad. Gold helmet, black jerseys with yellow numbers and team name, gold names on the back. No striping or anything, just black pants with black jerseys. The mixed gold and yellow make them look like a hot mess.

IUe6Hvh.png

Here are a couple of screencaps. In the top one, you can see the Vegas gold of the helmet and the player name, versus the athletic gold elsewhere. In the second, you can see even the team name is done in yet another Georgia Tech leftover font - the bubble wrap one, which I believe Portland also uses. No striping, no piping, no logos. These are low-budget high school uniforms.

20150330_234522_zpswm2dq9od.jpg

20150330_234719_zpsi89te5ra.jpg

Also, San Jose's pants now feature the gradient micro-logo pattern on the leg stripe. Kids, don't let your coach outfit you in Russell Athletic.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Don't let the Arena League outfit you! It's sad that the best three looks are Arizona and then New Orleans. The next one is LA and it's not a good look, only different. It's annoying that all these teams have their own wordmarks but almost none of them use them. It's not like Russell can't create them!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Looks great to me.....

tampa%20bay%20storm%202015%20russell%20a

I really think it would look better if they got rid of the yellow insert on the side panels of the jersey and had different pants. But it feels better than last year's look.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Here are a couple of screencaps. In the top one, you can see the Vegas gold of the helmet and the player name, versus the athletic gold elsewhere. In the second, you can see even the team name is done in yet another Georgia Tech leftover font - the bubble wrap one, which I believe Portland also uses. No striping, no piping, no logos. These are low-budget high school uniforms.

20150330_234522_zpswm2dq9od.jpg

20150330_234719_zpsi89te5ra.jpg

Also, San Jose's pants now feature the gradient micro-logo pattern on the leg stripe. Kids, don't let your coach outfit you in Russell Athletic.

Looks like a practice jersey

Don't let the Arena League outfit you! It's sad that the best three looks are Arizona and then New Orleans. The next one is LA and it's not a good look

So happy the Voodoo went back to the all purple unis with the snake logo on the sleeves.

raF19dD.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

Archived