2015 Arena League

MJWalker45

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im almost curious that those Outlaws unis are temporary. The golds dont even match...

AFL's version of the Cowboys...

Anyway, I was watching a game the other night between the Soul and Predators (first time I've watched AFL in a while) and I noticed that the uniforms just look very cheap. I understand the uniforms are made by Russell Athletics and aren't nearly on the same level as Nike and Under Armour, but jeez the AFL is a PROFESSIONAL football league. Hell, even the Omaha Mammoths of the short lived FXFL had way better uniforms... even with Adidas and the dumb tread pattern on the jerseys

Im almost curious that those Outlaws unis are temporary. The golds dont even match...

Anyway, I was watching a game the other night between the Soul and Predators (first time I've watched AFL in a while) and I noticed that the uniforms just look very cheap. I understand the uniforms are made by Russell Athletics and aren't nearly on the same level as Nike and Under Armour, but jeez the AFL is a PROFESSIONAL football league. Hell, even the Omaha Mammoths of the short lived FXFL had way better uniforms... even with Adidas and the dumb tread pattern on the jerseys

okay...

Since when?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

okay...

Since when?

Oh I don't know, probably since the league was founded in 1987. It's also labeled as the highest level of professional indoor American football.

Don't let the Arena League outfit you! It's sad that the best three looks are Arizona and then New Orleans. The next one is LA and it's not a good look

So happy the Voodoo went back to the all purple unis with the snake logo on the sleeves.

raF19dD.jpg

That number font is pretty terrible.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't pertain to the uniforms or anything but the way the AFL does replays, at least on ESPN, is very odd. The head ref walks over to the end zone and a guy wheels up a 40 inch TV mounted on a cart. Then proceeds to talk to the announcers as he watches the replay. Overall just very odd and IMO not very professional.

This doesn't pertain to the uniforms or anything but the way the AFL does replays, at least on ESPN, is very odd. The head ref walks over to the end zone and a guy wheels up a 40 inch TV mounted on a cart. Then proceeds to talk to the announcers as he watches the replay. Overall just very odd and IMO not very professional.

When has the new AFL ever been professional.

To be fair to the Outlaws, those are probably temporary jerseys. The San Antonio Talons used generic jerseys for their first game. You know a league is professional when they cant even get uniforms done before the first game.

622x350.jpg

622x350.jpg

Im sure this is preseason. Note the guy in the running vest.

Here are a couple of screencaps. In the top one, you can see the Vegas gold of the helmet and the player name, versus the athletic gold elsewhere. In the second, you can see even the team name is done in yet another Georgia Tech leftover font - the bubble wrap one, which I believe Portland also uses. No striping, no piping, no logos. These are low-budget high school uniforms.

20150330_234522_zpswm2dq9od.jpg

20150330_234719_zpsi89te5ra.jpg

Also, San Jose's pants now feature the gradient micro-logo pattern on the leg stripe. Kids, don't let your coach outfit you in Russell Athletic.

Outlaws away jerseys are stitched version of these. Black numbers with mustard trim. So yes, these are the official jerseys not stand ins.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It's more Russell than teams rushing designs. They're so bad because it seems Russell just gives them uniforms and they take whatever. When Arizona went throwback last season, it is clear that they can get good uniforms.

If Russell gave a damn they could make this league look good. At the same time, these teamsare probanly still only shown a portion of what is available. There's no reason half the league shares the same uniform.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

20150504_220453_zpsjil39zae.jpg

They're not just numbers on a wanted poster, they're T-shirt shop Stahl's block iron-on numbers on a wanted poster. Between this and the LA KISS uniforms, this may be the most absurd-looking football fame I've ever seen. I cannot believe there's enough cocaine in all of Nevada for Vince Neil to have thought this was a good look. Oh, and Russsell Athletic won't even put their logo on these things. Even Russell has standards.

And now, the player names:

20150504_221133_zpswfffvsxu.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived