Buccaneers Logo Concept Revision

BucsBoy02

Hey everyone, I'm back again with a revision of a concept I did a few months ago. I was going to update my original post but it has been locked. I've kept the base flag and ship the same, but totally revised the skull, swords and football. There was a comment on my original concept about how the roughness of the skull, swords and football didn't fit with the smooth lines of the rest of the logo, that was the first thing I worked on. Then I totally reshaped the top and left side of the skull to better emulate the look of the Buc's previous logo. I used silver gradients and a bit of a glow to represent the Chrome outlines. With the logo's I kind of envisioned creating a bridge between past and present without totally re-branding. I'm currently working on the uniforms that I will post later. As always comments & criticism are always welcomed!

Untitled%202_zpsfppjxg8j.png

Real small nitpicks but on the football i do not like the bottom shading I would play around with that to see if it could be fixed a little... On the ship it is still too tall & red I would make the sails shorter & add more black so it would like good on the red uniforms.... I like what you did with the wordmark but the NFL is going away from that & making every wordmark bland....

While I don't hate the new logo (only referring to the logo and NOT referring to the uniforms), I like this version you've made and since it seems a lot of people prefer the older logo, this would've been a very suitable modification the team could have done instead of doing what they did.

This reminds me of how the Panthers made slight tweaks to their logo a few years back and didn't go all out with a new one. Well done!

Alright here are the uniforms. I wen't 2 different ways with this. The first one I stuck closer to their previous set and the second is an attempt to make their current set work. I imagine the Pewter being metallic and a little bit lighter than their previous set's Pewter. Maybe even a satin metallic look kind of like the current Vikings helmet if its possible to get a fabric to match or come close to the same color.

1st set: Nothing to revolutionary. Same template and striping pattern as their previous set. Updated logo's, colors, and fonts. There is no chrome on these uniforms. I'm not sure about the ship logo color though. I don't know if it has enough black and white to stand out against the red background, but it works just fine on the white background. I've tried changing the color but it kind of throws it off. I've kept the over sized logo for both sets. But I've slightly reduced the size.

Buccaneers%202_zpsv2nkrntm.png

2nd set: With this set I wanted to take their current set and fix some of the things that bugged me about it. Starting with the number font. I used the same exact font that they are currently using but got rid of the slashes and patterns and reshaped them so they weren't so boxy. To me the current shoulder "spike" looks unfinished, so I extended it down to the cuff. I really do like the contrasting yoke look, when its not done as they have with their current set. I wanted to go with a more Titans style yoke. I went with one set of pants. I've never been a fan of white on white. I've never really been a fan of white at home either. Wearing white at home last year didn't help em any. lol Numbers and logo's that are on pewter have a mirror chrome outline, none of that "reflective" chrome bs. Both Sock colors can be used home or away. Although I would want to see them stick with orange at home and red on the road.

Buccaneers%201_zpsojbw1l3b.png

Overtime: While working on this I had a kind of crazy idea that has to do with helmet manufacturers. With over sized logo's it would be a neat option for profession teams to have helmet shapes customized to fit the logo rather than the other way around. By reshaping ridges, and moving vent holes there is no need to cut the logo or warp it to fit. I guess it would all depend on the engineering and safety of the helmet. Currently the only time this last year I saw the Buc's new logo cut for the rear vent hole was when they revealed it. Other than that all the games I watched they left it covered.

Anyways, I don't have much more to add right now. Let me know what you think!

Alright here are the uniforms. I wen't 2 different ways with this. The first one I stuck closer to their previous set and the second is an attempt to make their current set work. I imagine the Pewter being metallic and a little bit lighter than their previous set's Pewter. Maybe even a satin metallic look kind of like the current Vikings helmet if its possible to get a fabric to match or come close to the same color.

1st set: Nothing to revolutionary. Same template and striping pattern as their previous set. Updated logo's, colors, and fonts. There is no chrome on these uniforms. I'm not sure about the ship logo color though. I don't know if it has enough black and white to stand out against the red background, but it works just fine on the white background. I've tried changing the color but it kind of throws it off. I've kept the over sized logo for both sets. But I've slightly reduced the size.

Buccaneers%202_zpsv2nkrntm.png

2nd set: With this set I wanted to take their current set and fix some of the things that bugged me about it. Starting with the number font. I used the same exact font that they are currently using but got rid of the slashes and patterns and reshaped them so they weren't so boxy. To me the current shoulder "spike" looks unfinished, so I extended it down to the cuff. I really do like the contrasting yoke look, when its not done as they have with their current set. I wanted to go with a more Titans style yoke. I went with one set of pants. I've never been a fan of white on white. I've never really been a fan of white at home either. Wearing white at home last year didn't help em any. lol Numbers and logo's that are on pewter have a mirror chrome outline, none of that "reflective" chrome bs. Both Sock colors can be used home or away. Although I would want to see them stick with orange at home and red on the road.

Buccaneers%201_zpsojbw1l3b.png

Overtime: While working on this I had a kind of crazy idea that has to do with helmet manufacturers. With over sized logo's it would be a neat option for profession teams to have helmet shapes customized to fit the logo rather than the other way around. By reshaping ridges, and moving vent holes there is no need to cut the logo or warp it to fit. I guess it would all depend on the engineering and safety of the helmet. Currently the only time this last year I saw the Buc's new logo cut for the rear vent hole was when they revealed it. Other than that all the games I watched they left it covered.

Anyways, I don't have much more to add right now. Let me know what you think!

maybe turn the silver on the second to plain gray

2lx6s6o.jpg

Honestly, I really like the modern set with the less 1980's alarm clock looking numbers, and the silver shoulders look really good.

Since shoulder material can be double dazzle, the shimmery silver works, and using a cool grey 2 or 3 to dye the material, gives it enough contrast to make it stand out. But then again I love the silver on silver that car makers (Subaru) are doing now.

Completely agree on the pants... one color, shiny, enough of the matte crap.

A little more work on the numbers to make them more buccaneer and less terminator is the only real change Id make.

I guess my pewter came out looking a little too silver. I was trying for more of a warm grey tinted silver. But I suppose depending on the lighting it could look more silver or more "tarnished". I'm trying to walk a fine line with this color. I'll post an updated version with a slightly more tinted pewter. I totally agree about these dang matte fabrics Nike keeps using. If the color is supposed to be a metal then make it metallic. When a team has a shiny sparkly helmet it just looks so wrong when the pants are a flat color.

Buccaneers%203_zpsjve1du3i.png

Honestly I could go for either uniform set—the classic look obviously looked good for the 15ish years it was in existence, but your update on their current uniforms is really well done. I have a couple issues though. First, your colors seem very washed out. The pewter looks silver, and the orange looks like more of a peach color. I'd check and make sure you're working in RGB. Second, the numbers still don't work. I would use the font that the Bucs used for the wordmark...I'm not sure what it's called, but if you can't find it, it wouldn't be too hard to make a "93" yourself based on the wordmark.

I think the reason the Orange looked washed out is because I was using the wrong Orange. I meant to use Florida Orange and ended up using Glaze Orange. As for the Pewter, like I said I was trying to get a very specific look, and it just wasn't happening. I did however find the RGB optimized color pallet for the current Buccaneers uniforms. I wen't ahead and used those to hopefully get the color's to look the right. I did make a small change to the Pewter and lightened it a little. I changed the number font to something closer to the wordmark font. Literally I took the E from the wordmark, flipped it, cut the corners off it to create the 3 then used the 3 to create the 9. I really wish I could find that font though. The only one I can find is the current number/nameplate font. I'm debating on the height of the number, whether to shorten them or not. I don't want to end up with them looking to blocky though. Let me know what you guys thing. I'm really digging the number font on the updated previous set for some reason. lol

First up are the logo's in the updated colors.

logos_zps35hrbh22.png

Updated Current set.

1%20Buccaneers_zpsbkwqzvmu.png

Updated Previous set.

1%20Buccaneers%202_zpspi9osbtb.png

I think the reason the Orange looked washed out is because I was using the wrong Orange. I meant to use Florida Orange and ended up using Glaze Orange. As for the Pewter, like I said I was trying to get a very specific look, and it just wasn't happening. I did however find the RGB optimized color pallet for the current Buccaneers uniforms. I wen't ahead and used those to hopefully get the color's to look the right. I did make a small change to the Pewter and lightened it a little. I changed the number font to something closer to the wordmark font. Literally I took the E from the wordmark, flipped it, cut the corners off it to create the 3 then used the 3 to create the 9. I really wish I could find that font though. The only one I can find is the current number/nameplate font. I'm debating on the height of the number, whether to shorten them or not. I don't want to end up with them looking to blocky though. Let me know what you guys thing. I'm really digging the number font on the updated previous set for some reason. lol

First up are the logo's in the updated colors.

logos_zps35hrbh22.png

Updated Current set.

1%20Buccaneers_zpsbkwqzvmu.png

Updated Previous set.

1%20Buccaneers%202_zpspi9osbtb.png

The second set is perfect! This is what the team should have done with the redesign. I'm really liking the number font you used, it's now more readable and doesn't scream 1980s digital clock. The should ship logo looks great but for the Nike swoosh, black or orange works great with the uniform. Now can you make a black alternate jersey to go with the set?

Archived