Ok, this is off topic but i have no idea where else to post this so I am posting it in this thread since it is getting a lot of views:

I made another post yesterday in the General / The Lounge section of the SportsLogos.net forum and today I can't find it anywhere. I originally thought it was just moved to a different section of the forum, but I clicked on the Topics button in my profile and it isn't listed there either. It's like I never even posted the thing. What gives? Here is the title to help figure out what happened to it:

"Stars on SportsLogos.net Profiles: What are they for? / What does "Like This!" Do?"

I originally wanted to make the post in a section devoted to technical questions about the SportsLogos.net website and forum but I couldn't find one. Is there one?

The only thing I can think happened was my post was deleted by SportsLogos.net staff for some reason, but I have zero warning points so I don't think that's the case. I know for certain the post was submitted correctly and went live on the site because I remember seeing the post's title among the list of other post titles in The Lounge.

What gives?

I'd like to know what the stars and likes are for as well.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AR-812120343.jpg

WOW! Awesome! Thanks so much for this, I actually never even heard of the Montana Grizzlies. The photo above shows throwback uniforms, correct? Do you know what year these unis are throwing back to? They look very 80's with the giant "MONTANA" text on the chest above the numbers. Also on the Montana Grizzlies wikipedia page is very interesting information about how the team changed colors from maroon and silver to copper and gold in 1968 and kept them until 1996, when they switched back to maroon and silver. Are there any other college football teams who had such a dramatic shift in color scheme during the modern era?

Sometime back in the late 1990s I got ahold of something or other that listed the nicknames and colors for a whole bunch of schools. I don't think it had all the Division I hoops schools, but I do believe it had more than just the Division I football schools. Anyway, if I recall correctly, I think it listed maroon, copper, gold, AND silver as school colors for Montana. Did they ever have a period where they attempted to combine the four? Did they do this on unis, or was it just a school-only thing (like the University of North Dakota having pink as an official color)? Are copper and gold still considered school colors in a tertiary-type way? I guess what I'm asking is, has there ever been any crossover?

I think the only crossover between the copper and gold era and the current maroon and silver era was when the football team wore copper and gold throwbacks in 2008. As far as I know that was just a one-game thing. Here is more info from Wikipedia about the team's colors:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_Grizzlies_football#Uniforms

Dude, thank you for that link! It wasn't about what the athletic teams wore, but about the actual school colors, which have never changed---copper, gold, and silver. I remember reading that (with no visuals, mind you) and thinking, "What a unique color scheme!" Wish they'd try to combine those three---preferably all metallic---into a uniform or several. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

It's an absolute travesty that the Marlins blue is considered a "secondary" color.

The last thing baseball needs is another primarily blue team.

National League East:

Nationals(red and blue)

Mets(blue and orange)

Phillies(red and white, with blue trims and alt cap)

Braves(blue and red)

whole division uses the colour blue haha.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Dude, thank you for that link! It wasn't about what the athletic teams wore, but about the actual school colors, which have never changed---copper, gold, and silver. I remember reading that (with no visuals, mind you) and thinking, "What a unique color scheme!" Wish they'd try to combine those three---preferably all metallic---into a uniform or several. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

The U. of Montana haven't called their official school colors as Copper, Silver and Gold since at least 2010:

You know I have all of this information on my site, right?:

http://www.colorwerx.net/college-colors-nicknames/four-year-schools/m/

AR-812120343.jpg

WOW! Awesome! Thanks so much for this, I actually never even heard of the Montana Grizzlies. The photo above shows throwback uniforms, correct? Do you know what year these unis are throwing back to? They look very 80's with the giant "MONTANA" text on the chest above the numbers. Also on the Montana Grizzlies wikipedia page is very interesting information about how the team changed colors from maroon and silver to copper and gold in 1968 and kept them until 1996, when they switched back to maroon and silver. Are there any other college football teams who had such a dramatic shift in color scheme during the modern era?

Sometime back in the late 1990s I got ahold of something or other that listed the nicknames and colors for a whole bunch of schools. I don't think it had all the Division I hoops schools, but I do believe it had more than just the Division I football schools. Anyway, if I recall correctly, I think it listed maroon, copper, gold, AND silver as school colors for Montana. Did they ever have a period where they attempted to combine the four? Did they do this on unis, or was it just a school-only thing (like the University of North Dakota having pink as an official color)? Are copper and gold still considered school colors in a tertiary-type way? I guess what I'm asking is, has there ever been any crossover?

I think the only crossover between the copper and gold era and the current maroon and silver era was when the football team wore copper and gold throwbacks in 2008. As far as I know that was just a one-game thing. Here is more info from Wikipedia about the team's colors:

No problem! Here is a key quote from that Wikipedia link as far as era crossover of the different school colors:

"The maroon was brought back in 1993 as part of the university's centennial celebrations and a student survey in 1995 showed support for a return to maroon and silver uniforms [after having had copper and gold since 1968]. Despite some vocal opposition, by 1997 the colors began to phase into the maroon and silver that continues to be used."

So basically, starting in 1993 maroon as a school color crossed over into the copper and gold school colors era and remained in use along with copper and gold until 1997 when silver was also brought back and paired with maroon and copper and gold were ditched. So in 1997 Montana's school colors were once again maroon and silver for the first time in 30 years, with the short four year period of 1993 to 1997 being the copper, gold, AND maroon era of school colors. So it's kind of strange that whatever it was you had that listed all the school colors for different colleges listed Montana as having all four shades because they never have had all four as official school colors at the same time.

AR-812120343.jpg

No problem! Here is a key quote from that Wikipedia link as far as era crossover of the different school colors:

"The maroon was brought back in 1993 as part of the university's centennial celebrations and a student survey in 1995 showed support for a return to maroon and silver uniforms [after having had copper and gold since 1968]. Despite some vocal opposition, by 1997 the colors began to phase into the maroon and silver that continues to be used."

So basically, starting in 1993 maroon as a school color crossed over into the copper and gold school colors era and remained in use along with copper and gold until 1997 when silver was also brought back and paired with maroon and copper and gold were ditched. So in 1997 Montana's school colors were once again maroon and silver for the first time in 30 years, with the short four year period of 1993 to 1997 being the copper, gold, AND maroon era of school colors. So it's kind of strange that whatever it was you had that listed all the school colors for different colleges listed Montana as having all four shades because they never have had all four as official school colors at the same time.

No, it didn't list maroon. I remember now because I found it exciting that they'd have three metallic school colors.

The U. of Montana haven't called their official school colors as Copper, Silver and Gold since at least 2010:

You know I have all of this information on my site, right?:

http://www.colorwerx.net/college-colors-nicknames/four-year-schools/m/

Hmmm...copper and gold are listed as school colors but not the "official" school colors and may be used in a very limited capacity. Any idea why they want to limit the copper and gold? It almost seems like they doth protest too much that their colors are maroon and silver and not copper and gold. Wonder if there was some feud between successive school presidents on this issue, or other issues, that made it a hot-button thing. (Probably not, but interesting to think about.)

I made this post yesterday and who is playing tonight in an orange vs yellow color vs color basketball game? The Tennessee and Maryland women! I'm surprised the officials and refs even allowed them to play with these two uniform sets because Tennessee is light orange and orange is made up of red and yellow so it could be argued that there isn't enough contrast between the two teams' jerseys. Did one school mistakenly not pack it's white uni's????

c702c36ee6626a424e1e6953741da5be.jpg

I made this post yesterday and who is playing tonight in an orange vs yellow color vs color basketball game? The Tennessee and Maryland women! I'm surprised the officials and refs even allowed them to play with these two uniform sets because Tennessee is light orange and orange is made up of red and yellow so it could be argued that there isn't enough contrast between the two teams' jerseys. Did one school mistakenly not pack it's white uni's????

c702c36ee6626a424e1e6953741da5be.jpg

I dunno. It's a good thing their secondary colors aren't similar or there wouldn't be enough contrast.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived