WFCA logo feedback

jdp

I'm looking to your collective expertise to help inform which direction I should take. I have been working on a concept for the World Football Club Alliance. More to come on that later, but right now I'm stuck. So far this is what I have come up with for a logo; the one on the far right was the original concept.

16981673591_70fc14e462_o.png16294674144_c55e4f3b37_m.jpg

Now, where I'm stuck. These all need something (or perhaps less), I think.

1. Almost too plain; doesn't evoke "global"
  2. Is the map too much, though? A designer friend says yes, given the detail, but this is the only one I feel has that global feel to it.
  3. Meant to be a corner flag, but I'm not sure that's coming across. Too putting green?
  4. Original (far right, with the full text) - I came up with this one back in February, if not earlier. However, after looking at it over and over, it's coming off too much like the UEFA logo? Not to mention, it's only half of the globe. And it reads "World Football / Club Alliance"

I've been going at this for a couple weeks and I'm still not coming up with something that hasn't been done. FIFA has the ball/map, UEFA has a map of Europe, the rest have a soccer ball/patch, stars, country. Tournament logos have a stylized bicycle kick and/or ball.

Anyway, I'm open to whatever advice and/or thoughts (change the color scheme, get rid of the gray swirl on #2, you're trying too hard...). Thanks in advance.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer FederationΒ | Complete: World Football Club AllianceΒ | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled:Β MLB & Soccer Crossover

#1 is probably your best effort, but it looks weird to me. It's an old-timey football with a modern techno font. The two just don't jive with each other.

Your friend is right about #2 β€” the map is way too much detail, especially given the simple, clean shapes used in the rest of the logo.

The corner flag is coming across in #3, but it's a little too obscure of a reference to carry a soccer logo. It could easily be used for rugby or another sport where flags are used. But it's a good try at thinking outside the box.

The original is probably your best-looking effort, but you're right about it being half the globe, and it doesn't have any other elements that signify soccer.

If you're set on using a circle, you're never going to get the whole globe in there. You may have to do something more horizontally oriented if that's what you want to do.

Thanks for the feedback so far. But what I was really hoping for was "These are amazing!" or "I've never seen anything so grand on this site before!" :P

I've got some new ideas, so I'll post those in a bit for feedback.

Complete: Stateside Soccer FederationΒ | Complete: World Football Club AllianceΒ | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled:Β MLB & Soccer Crossover

Thanks for the feedback so far. But what I was really hoping for was "These are amazing!" or "I've never seen anything so grand on this site before!" :P

You said your open to advice and that dosent mean we all say these are amazing (cough cough biscuit faces) all the time

nluY0f4.jpg

a5ooCru.jpg

Ku1MC5F.jpg

l1jkytP.jpg

You said your open to advice and that dosent mean we all say these are amazing (cough cough biscuit faces) all the time

I can't tell if you know I was joking...

Guest darkpiranha

They are all still a bit busy.

I think it's missing something that connotes "alliance". Maybe something in the center with lots of things radiating out from it. (just spitballing here). Tiny globe in the center with a series of lines emanating out from it towards a number of shapes (continents? pentagons? circles?) that match the number of entities that will be sending teams to this alliance. Maybe something like a galaxy, where each of the arms of the spiral galaxy are a league or whatever contributing teams.

Archived