Cincinnati Bearcats officially join Under Armour

mbannon92

As of today Cincinnati is officially with Under Armour, and there are two major changes right off the bat. First, the numbers will no longer be italic, which will look a lot cleaner. Second, UA has introduced the "Cincinnati Stripe", which will apear on all uniforms and is derived from campus landmarks:

8615253.jpeg

Press release and links to brand guide and Cincinnati stripe here: http://www.gobearcats.com/genrel/040215aac.html

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm excited for this because Adidas is awful and Under Armour is a step up, but I don't like that pattern.

I guess this means the end of the cat scratches. I actually liked those

mardy_gilyard-david_Kohl-AP(2).jpgmardy-gilyard.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

So how many schools are we down to for Adidas? 5?

5? Not even. The wikipedia page has a giant list, granted it's all levels of schools, but still

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Adidas_sponsorships#Colleges_and_Universities

Yeah, but there's only about 12 major schools they supply, it's not a very big pool.

Cat scratches are beyond stupid.

Why would you want to look like your own mascot just shredded you?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I just wish their basketball program would go back to Jordan

You said it. These were so cool.

031698huggins_500x377.jpg030898levett_342x500.jpg

For some reason I always thought the 7 blocks represented Cincinnati's 7 hills, but I guess there's 8 blocks so I guess they don't mean anything.

PvO6ZWJ.png

For some reason I always thought the 7 blocks represented Cincinnati's 7 hills, but I guess there's 8 blocks so I guess they don't mean anything.

That look really hasn't aged well, IMO.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I think mainly because the style of the uniform is so different than what we're used to seeing these days. I bet if you stuck the basic style elements on a modern template, it would look good.

So how many schools are we down to for Adidas? 5?

5? Not even. The wikipedia page has a giant list, granted it's all levels of schools, but still

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Adidas_sponsorships#Colleges_and_Universities

I meant more along the lines of the Major 5 Conferences. I forgot Miami and Arizona State both switched over this year from Nike.

I think mainly because the style of the uniform is so different than what we're used to seeing these days. I bet if you stuck the basic style elements on a modern template, it would look good.

Why was Cincinnati with jordan? Its a good basketball school but I wouldn't say its worthy of a jordan sponsorship.

It's sad that we still have major programs with Adidas. Yes, money talks, but how any AD or school would want to stick his/her kids with Adidas' S*** is beyond me. Unfortunately Miami and Arizona State didn't get the memo... Can't wait to see what UA cooks up for UC.

Archived