Cincinnati Bearcats - Under Armour

floydnimrod

I've had a few ideas for this and with Cincinnati and Under Armoir making their deal official today, I thought what better time to post it.

I'm going through the athletic department and doing uniforms for most sports (from basketball to golf). I think I have 9 total. Doing the different sports allows me to some different styles with design, colors, etc.

I'm starting with men's basketball. Everyone loves the Jordan era basketball uniforms. But these will not be those. That design might make an appearance later.

I wanted to something not too far out of the ordinary. So the bottom of the shorts features the line under C paw logo as part of the stripe design. I didn't want to have the jersey be completely empty, but I didn't want anything in there to seem too unnecessary or overblown.

The women's uniforms will be petty similar, with some minor changes.

image_zpsnnpvki1w.jpg

Here's what I did with Women's Basketball. Cincinnati, for a long while, has been a team that emphasizes the black and white of their color scheme, and then accents with red.

With this series, rather than have on solid brand all the way through (the way they're doing in real life, but would be kind of generic and repetitive for a concept series), I have the freedom to do different things for different sports.

For women's basketball, I emphasized the red more than anything else, and used black as the accent color. I used a very similar striping pattern, giving more weight the red stripe. I also used an athletic mark to run with the striping along the shorts. This time it was the full Bearcats wordmark.

Cincinnati%20Under%20Armour%20Womens%20B

C+C as always.

I had a lot of these done before I saw that today and was satisfied with what I had. The italicized work mark and non italicized numbers clash, in my opinion.

I agree.

Overall, I like the concept. ^_^

• 1 month later...

Archived