USBL--St. Paul Loons Posted (24/24)

dsaline97

The plane should have the I in it but idk if that makes it look weird or not.if you want to fine if not fine.awesome work

Do you mean on the side of the body? It's an interesting idea, not sure if it's necessary though. I'll give it a look.

No complaints on the Dusters. I think they look awesome! I noticed Hubbard and Gray on two of the jerseys. Are they named after Jon Gray and Trinidad Hubbard?

Nope! I actually had to look both up, I couldn't recognize them off the top of my head. I just use a random name and number generator. Well, except for a couple on team 2, but you'll see that soon enough ;)

Thanks for the praise everyone! Hopefully this will get more exposure as it carries on.

spacer.png

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also~ I'm not really looking for any market suggestions, those are all but set in stone. If I get to the point where I need one, I'll be sure to ask. But for now, I'm not in the need for suggestions.

Look for Team 2 in a day or so!

spacer.png

YOxyHGV.png

The Portland Loggers are one of the USBLs forgotten middle siblings. Since they came into the league in 1987, the Loggers have posted not a single championship season and only three postseason appearances. Over the past six seasons, the Loggers have held the top draft pick four times, one of which was Erik Marshall, one of the biggest pitching busts in decades. New German sluggers Mike Duchenschmidt and Donut Holschtein look to turn around that lack of success this season on the riverfront. While Portland seems to be on their way up in the USBL, they're still several years from contention. A lack of experience from the rotation mixed with too many missing pieces offensively are keeping the Loggers in the cellar for the time being.

The classic sawmill primary logo plays off of logging equipment, while the plaid-infested Logger Pride home alternate feature patterned sleeves and logos which have flown off the shelf for the Loggers. The team hopes that the new merchandise will bring more excitement around the ballpark. In fact, a lot of fans have been clamoring for a redesign with plaid-sleeved vests as the full time jerseys.

Riverfront Stadium, simply put, is outdated and needs to be replaced. The ballpark has stood since the teams inception in 1987, and the team ditched the astroturf in 1995 and moved the fences in significantly in 1999 as a hope to help win more games. The massive outfield has been reduced because of inflated statistics and lack of power for the Loggers. When it opened, Riverfront Stadium produced a lot of 10-7 games with the fast outfield and gap hitters, but the lack of any substantial renovations have solidified its place as a bottom tier ballpark. Rumors of Riverfront Stadium II are starting to surface, and some close to the team suggest that a new home may come in 2016 or 2017.

ErOMls5.png

uHGhXju.png

01F85TZ.png

pzYkCnB.png

Original Concept:

3GKlGrs.png
Em6jo7m.png
mamAkVz.png
sOLhHKq.png

C&C Appreciated!

Iowa Dusters < Portland Loggers > Seattle Captains

spacer.png

So what I'm getting at from the plaid is that it stands out too much? If I took out the gold and made the red thicker would that work? I imagine you're all picturing the classic red and black flannel shirt, would that be a better route?

spacer.png

Personally I think the plaid looks fine, and I like that you reserved for an alternate and merchandise. The whole set looks really nice—it has a good color balance, with red and green at the forefront and yellow trim. The logos are solid, and I like your choice of typeface. My only suggestion would be to use the secondary roundel logo with the "PL" on the sleeves, just so you don't have the "Loggers" wordmark twice on the home jerseys.

Personally I think the plaid looks fine, and I like that you reserved for an alternate and merchandise. The whole set looks really nice—it has a good color balance, with red and green at the forefront and yellow trim. The logos are solid, and I like your choice of typeface. My only suggestion would be to use the secondary roundel logo with the "PL" on the sleeves, just so you don't have the "Loggers" wordmark twice on the home jerseys.

I like the idea of the PL secondary. I actually threw together that logo because I felt the team needed a secondary logo and it meshed well with the identity. It was more or less a last second addition.

As far as the plaid is concerned, I've come up with this version, take a look:

kTh1w4h.png

spacer.png

I like the contrast better of the yellow and the red and the dark red better in the old. I also like the uneven-ness better.

In the new, they seem washed out. I see little difference in dark red vs medium red vs red (imo 2 is fine), and the gold is too slim.

tinysig.jpg

I like the contrast better of the yellow and the red and the dark red better in the old. I also like the uneven-ness better.

In the new, they seem washed out. I see little difference in dark red vs medium red vs red (imo 2 is fine), and the gold is too slim.

What do you mean by unevenness? They're both essentially lines and squares. The new one probably seems washed out because the heavier gold is on top of the green and the lighter gold on top of the red. I'll probably go back to the old version to make for better contrast FWIW.

Also, in a real-life version of this concept, the plaid lines would be made up diagonally like those on a flannel shirt would be. Thats just a painful task to do with photoshop, especially given the size the concept is presented.

spacer.png

I loved the first version of the USBL, and I'm glad to see it back. I think you got it right the first time with the plaid, the different shades of red are really holding the new pattern back. Keep up the good work!

I've gone ahead and updated the Loggers in the original post put I'll go ahead and show them here as well. I put the alternate logo on the sleeves per mbannon's suggestion and altered the plaid as well. Also, the alternate now has plaid back numbers and sleeve piping, which it should've all along, I just overlooked it.

ErOMls5.png

uHGhXju.png01F85TZ.pngpzYkCnB.png

spacer.png

Archived