USBL--St. Paul Loons Posted (24/24)

dsaline97

I see your point with the uniforms, but it needs Jacksonville somewhere in the logo, the way you have it now the team could be from anywhere

Personally, I disagree. I don't think there's much use creating a J-ville script if it isn't used on the uniforms, and from a logo standpoint, there are several teams whose primary logos don't incorporate the city name. (Phillies, Mets, Giants, Rays, Yankees to name a few)

That's the beauty of the game hat.. Simple is easy to see from a distance, even if it's small, which is why so many teams just use a simple letter.. I like the letter to represent the location and a simple graphic to represent the nickname.. I think as a BP or even an alt, it would make a good looking cap that could easily mix nicely into the rotation

I could see it being used as an occasional game hat, but not necessarily a regular in the rotation.

With that being said.....

The thing is all those teams withy the exception of the Phillies atleast have a city wordmark on their away jerseys, and are very well known teams, and for the Phillies they don't need any wordmark for their city because where else would the Phillies play other than philladelphia. Right now with the only thing in the entire set that references Jacksonville is a "J" hat logo which just as easily refer to Jackson Mississippi as it does Jacksonville Florida.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see your point with the uniforms, but it needs Jacksonville somewhere in the logo, the way you have it now the team could be from anywhere

Personally, I disagree. I don't think there's much use creating a J-ville script if it isn't used on the uniforms, and from a logo standpoint, there are several teams whose primary logos don't incorporate the city name. (Phillies, Mets, Giants, Rays, Yankees to name a few)

That's the beauty of the game hat.. Simple is easy to see from a distance, even if it's small, which is why so many teams just use a simple letter.. I like the letter to represent the location and a simple graphic to represent the nickname.. I think as a BP or even an alt, it would make a good looking cap that could easily mix nicely into the rotation

I could see it being used as an occasional game hat, but not necessarily a regular in the rotation.

With that being said.....

The thing is all those teams withy the exception of the Phillies atleast have a city wordmark on their away jerseys, and are very well known teams, and for the Phillies they don't need any wordmark for their city because where else would the Phillies play other than philladelphia. Right now with the only thing in the entire set that references Jacksonville is a "J" hat logo which just as easily refer to Jackson Mississippi as it does Jacksonville Florida.

Maybe, but there's teams like this in the real world. And they're pretty comparable IMO because they're both fairly new franchises.

I love the Lonestars! Very Texan! Where does Texas stand with their 4 championships with the other teams in the league?

They're tenth in championships, if that's what you're asking. Thanks!

spacer.png

They thing is the Rays also have a "TB" monogram which can only be for Tampa bay, versus a J which can be for any town or city. Even the Jacksonville Suns have Jacksonville in their logo. Even if it's a small on that would fit on top of the Gators wordmark to the right of the top of the G it would complete the logo and the identity.

They thing is the Rays also have a "TB" monogram which can only be for Tampa bay, versus a J which can be for any town or city. Even the Jacksonville Suns have Jacksonville in their logo. Even if it's a small on that would fit on top of the Gators wordmark to the right of the top of the G it would complete the logo and the identity.

Ah, I see. Are you saying similar to this? Not the best example, but the first I could find.

spacer.png

Maybe for an alternate do just a star kinda like you did for the San Francisco Fire primary!

Yes! Totally agree. I don't mind that this set is similar to the Rangers, because it is perfectly representative of Texas. I'm excited to see what tweaks they make for the 2016 season.

I say don't make any changes until 2016.

Yeah, I wasn't really planning on it. There's going to be a few teams with new sets in the offseason, and the Lonestars are going to be one of them, albeit a minor update.

I'm a little hung up on the next team, but I still think we're on schedule.

spacer.png

Bump.

Sportzfan, fitting in Jacksonville is a lot more difficult than I realized, because there isn't a lot of space between the G and the edge of the diamond, so that's why you haven't seen that yet.

spacer.png

Happy Fourth of July! :unclesam::flagusa: Here's your 2015 USBL Stars and Stripes uniforms. Each year, all game-worn hats and jerseys are auctioned off, with 90% of the proceeds going to help US veterans.

Iowa Dusters at [boston, MA]

aeSLDqG.png

Arizona Sidewinders at Colorado Kings:

W1CMdS1.png

San Francisco Fire at Indiana Tribe:

ad4mtTl.png

New York Knights at Jacksonville Gators:

qMaXNrW.png

California Grizzlies at New Mexico Suns:

8p13BE4.png

[Washington, DC] at Omaha Cyclones:

iTmN0hc.png

[Miami, FL] at Pittsburgh Flying Shearmen:

asrtGsS.png

[Nashville, TN] at Seattle Captains:

k4KraS6.png

[Chicago, IL] at [st. Louis, MO]:

8sVXhRA.png

Portland Loggers at Texas Lonestars:

DolkoRc.png

The goal was to make these similar to the MLB, but at least legible, which is the reason for the inline on each element. Enjoy!

spacer.png

GP0tkot.png

Music City got its shot at a USBL franchise when the Nashville Blues came to town in 1979, joining the Tribe and Suns, bringing the league to 15 teams. With their addition, the league switched from a single conference to three--East, West, and Central, and the Blues were placed in the East. The team almost chose the name Blue Stockings or Blue Sox, but a focus group thought that nickname made the club sound dated, and just shortening it to Blues sounded much better. Other options were the Swingers and Phantoms, and the idea of “Music City” rather than “Nashville” was tossed around as well. The Blues are consistently in the postseason--since the USBL expanded to 20 clubs in 1996, they’ve played into October 11 times, which is tied for second. Manager Tom Melton is a first-ballot Hall of Famer and a fan favorite in Nashville, having been with the team since 1989. He runs a tight ship, but his team knows to respect him because of his experience and how well he develops players. Joseph Stewart is coming off of shoulder surgery and is hoping to build on his 17 wins from 2014. Jaybird Gonzalez consistently hits for power and average, but he’s currently on the shelf with a hamstring injury. The Blues are about to become a lot deeper on the mound, including Reynaldo Zuniga who has ace stuff and came up at the end of last year. For the fans in Nashville, a third straight postseason appearance in 2015 won’t be satisfactory. In baseball, pitching wins championships, and those missing pieces are close to arriving in the big leagues.

The Blues are the second team that wears sleeveless jerseys full time, along with Seattle. The double-blue color scheme was an obvious choice, and the Blues have owned it. The home pinstripes, numbers, and scripts are the light, powder blue, and the caps, socks, sleeves and trim are a dark navy. In the 1980s, the team used to wear powder blue jerseys and pants, and while that was common during the time, the Blues wore it best. The uniforms have two elements that are nods to the Music City: the music note carved out of the negative space of the “N” as found in the cap logo and road script, and the four bars in the numbers, signifying the strings on a bass guitar. The powder-brimmed caps are worn on the road only, and the all-navy at home. The team used to have a navy sleeveless jersey with navy undershirts, but switched to a regular jersey, as it defeated the purpose of a sleeveless jersey.

Music City Ballpark is another neo-classical stadium, built in 1996 in the heart of downtown. The center field view looks out across the Cumberland River and toward the state capitol, one of the most beautiful settings in all of baseball. This is another pitchers’ park, with the 16 foot fences most of the way around the outfield, save for right field. The minimal amount of foul territory does balance out, keeping hitters in the box longer. “Welcome to Music City” and two guitars are carved into a hedge in the center field batter’s eye, which has become iconic to both MCB and the city of Nashville.

mInAyK8.png

VjPndBA.png

VkMf1O1.png

ta2lXvR.png

Original:

ipOHORt.png

hXfx3qw.png

fpHw0wu.png

MVrNHpk.png

YFl2x2a.png

Texas Lonestars < Nashville Blues > Chicago Wind Sox

spacer.png

Giving some love to the oft' overlooked bass. Great name and color scheme. My suggestion would be to switch home and road hats. I think lighter hats work better at home and darker hats work better on the road (in this instance, the light blue bill and gray don't look great together). That's a preference thing, though; take it or leave it.

award%20sig.png

My favorite color scheme! One minor thing: I would make the pinstripes navy. It wouldn't look as "loud" and 90s. And I don't want to seem like "that guy", but can you please update Nashville's uniform slot with their 4th of July set?

Giving some love to the oft' overlooked bass. Great name and color scheme. My suggestion would be to switch home and road hats. I think lighter hats work better at home and darker hats work better on the road (in this instance, the light blue bill and gray don't look great together). That's a preference thing, though; take it or leave it.

Thanks, David! The hats were tough for me. I don't like contrasting bills with pinstripes because they usually clash, but since the pinstripes are the lighter color, I suppose it would work. As for the road... I would usually agree about the light contrasting color. Maybe the Blues are an exception, just because there's a lot of powder blue on the road uniform. I think in both cases, it'd be tough to tell unless I saw it on-field.

Keep the comments rolling!

spacer.png

My favorite color scheme! One minor thing: I would make the pinstripes navy. It wouldn't look as "loud" and 90s. And I don't want to seem like "that guy", but can you please update Nashville's uniform slot with their 4th of July set?

S&S: Ask and you shall receive! Well, sometimes.

Pinstripes: Part of the goal was to give it a 90's feel, which is the reason for the vests and the drop shadows on the scripts. And personally, the light blue wouldn't be very loud at all in real life. The pinstripes I use don't do a very good job because they're probably too thick and too close together. I tried navy blue just for kicks, and it made it look a lot more bland and lifeless. Thanks for the comment!

spacer.png

Archived