USBL--St. Paul Loons Posted (24/24)

dsaline97

"those bastards". I say ditch the navy alternate, it doesn't really go IMO. For a vibrant team, their cap is a bit too boring. The navy should be replaced with their light blue.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first I was skeptical, but the set kept growing on me and now I'm a huge fan! The primary bird logo is marvelous... When you get a chance, could you give us another update on the standings?

Definitely!

cGYfSlv.png

DwoAvOX.png

Since the last update (7/23), the Masons caught fire and went 15-4, securing the best record in the league and leading Iowa by 5 games. The three-way-tie for third in the National Division will be the story to watch over the last six weeks of the season, with Colorado, Jacksonville, and Arizona in a gridlock. The Captains have fallen further, going 6-14 over their last 20 games. At 40 games back, they've all but guaranteed themselves the first overall pick in the next draft.

In the American Division, New Mexico and Pittsburgh are both battling for the number 1 seed, which may not be as rewarding as it appears in the long run. The top seed has only reached the Championship Series for the Branson Cup nine times since the new postseason format in 1996, nearly twenty years ago. While California, St. Louis, and Washington are all within reach of the playoffs, all three need to play exceptionally if they hope to overtake the Cyclones in the standings.

"those bastards". I say ditch the navy alternate, it doesn't really go IMO. For a vibrant team, their cap is a bit too boring. The navy should be replaced with their light blue.

I've thought about that, but that makes everything pretty unbalanced, and I don't want to have light blue or pink stirrups, because those never look good. I suppose I could make an alt cap somewhat like the old Royals one....

xlacperfkralt.jpg

spacer.png

RZF, I took your suggestion and went a little wild with the caps, and I have to say it worked pretty well.

hdaEXTw.png

DVSL7xA.png

Each hat is used about 50-50 with their respective jersey. Yes, 4 caps is a lot, but I think it works pretty well here. Thoughts?

spacer.png

WOW! I am very much in love with this league. Is it bad i want the St. Louis Archers to sneak into the playoffs more than my hometown Padres. Just a quick question tho, are there any wildcard teams? On the first post you said 8 team post season and i dont know if that means with wild card teams or without.

I think the 4 caps really work with the identity and it seems like something a Miami baseball team would do. Nice work on the herons.

I agree, I think the four caps works well especially with a team as vibrant as Florida is.

Thanks! I'm glad you guys think it fits.

WOW! I am very much in love with this league. Is it bad i want the St. Louis Archers to sneak into the playoffs more than my hometown Padres. Just a quick question tho, are there any wildcard teams? On the first post you said 8 team post season and i dont know if that means with wild card teams or without.

There's 8 teams, 4 from each division. If this was a real-world league, I don't know that I would phrase them as wild cards, since there's technically six of them. But that's 8 with the wild cards.

spacer.png

Love the Blue Herons. The color scheme is gorgeous, and the bird logo is nicely rendered. I like the split color scripts and numbers as well--has a really strong Florida vibe. The 4 hats work really well too. My only suggestion would be to make the navy jersey road only and possibly make the light blue one home and road.

Love the Blue Herons. The color scheme is gorgeous, and the bird logo is nicely rendered. I like the split color scripts and numbers as well--has a really strong Florida vibe. The 4 hats work really well too. My only suggestion would be to make the navy jersey road only and possibly make the light blue one home and road.

I'm just envisioning Nashville and Florida both wearing their light blue jerseys and navy caps. Obviously this wouldn't happen because I would be commissioner, but it might seem a little similar. That's probably a good call on the navy, I'll update that at some point. I think I figured that with the amount of white in the set, it would fit in well at home.

spacer.png

I love the blue herons and am so excited for D.C. After the last team would it be possible to update the fourth of July units? Also maybe add some Latin heratige nights or Jewish heritage nights to some of the teams. Keep up the good work

Sorry it's been a while, I've moved into college and beginning to realize I should be productive to some extent. I have a draft of Washington that's ready to go but I'm not too confident about it so I'll hold off for a bit.

What is the template you use

Traced it from one around here.

For the minor league stuff. Curious what city criteria is there

Criteria? Whatever I think is good. That's pretty much how most things have been up to this point.

spacer.png

Sorry it's been a while, I've moved into college and beginning to realize I should be productive to some extent. I have a draft of Washington that's ready to go but I'm not too confident about it so I'll hold off for a bit.

What is the template you use

Traced it from one around here.

For the minor league stuff. Curious what city criteria is there

Criteria? Whatever I think is good. That's pretty much how most things have been up to this point.
Ok just asking

Archived