USBL--St. Paul Loons Posted (24/24)

dsaline97

How about Milwaukee?They have had Major League team before,so they are well capable of having another team.And they could have a rivalry with Chicago/Iowa/and maybe Minneapolis-St. Paul if they get a team.I also like the Philadelphia team and the Brooklyn team too.

It's Me

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As suggested, here's the final bracket. I went ahead and skipped to the Championship Series, because well, I didn't want to write that much.

2YpewsW.png

Congratulations to the New Mexico Suns on winning their first Branson Cup over the Colorado Kings, 4 games to 3. Rob Barajas was the series MVP, hitting 10/25 with 2 HR and 8 RBI, including 3 in the title-clinching Game 7 for the Suns. Happy offseason!

spacer.png

I think I asked this on page one, which was a while ago.

Now that an expansion is in order, maybe the Can Am series you were suggesting can come into play....

I'd say;

Philadelphia

Denver

Milwaukee

New Orleans

If you choose to add Canadian teams;

Toronto

Montreal

Vancouver

I've really enjoyed this series, beginning to end. Great work, DSaline!

For once in my life the team I was rooting for won! And they don't exist! Hooray!

Can't wait for this series to continue. You've done an excellent job man.

?? Your name is TheRoyalsFan20, and your avatar is a picture of the Royals logo. Are you not a Royals fan? The Royals JUST won the World Series. As a fellow Royals fan, let me say that these past two years have been such a blast. I didn't think I would ever experience any postseason as fun as the 2014 playoffs--even with losing game 7 of the WS with a runner on third. But this year... oh my, it was so incredible. All those comebacks... Did you hibernate through October and early November?

award%20sig.png

For once in my life the team I was rooting for won! And they don't exist! Hooray!

?? Your name is TheRoyalsFan20, and your avatar is a picture of the Royals logo. Are you not a Royals fan? The Royals JUST won the World Series. As a fellow Royals fan, let me say that these past two years have been such a blast. I didn't think I would ever experience any postseason as fun as the 2014 playoffs--even with losing game 7 of the WS with a runner on third. But this year... oh my, it was so incredible. All those comebacks... Did you hibernate through October and early November?

I was actually on a vacation to Florida during the world series. I ended up recording every game in advance. I was so elated they won. I was kind of playing off the fact tbat, besides the Royals, nearly every team I root for loses in some depressing or embarrassing way.

I was actually on a vacation to Florida during the world series. I ended up recording every game in advance. I was so elated they won. I was kind of playing off the fact tbat, besides the Royals, nearly every team I root for loses in some depressing or embarrassing way.

At least your team has won a sports championship man, try being a fan of arizona sports besides Arizona basketball which I was born a year after they won the Natty. But The Cardinals and Wildcats have had some rough years man..

a2BRS8U.png

At least your team has won a sports championship man, try being a fan of arizona sports besides Arizona basketball which I was born a year after they won the Natty. But The Cardinals and Wildcats have had some rough years man..

Keep the hope. It could be the Cardinals year

Keep the hope. It could be the Cardinals year

Yeah I can only hope, I was fortunate to go to their first super bowl in '08, Ik what hearbreak feels like. But ive gone to games since about 2003 when I was 5 and havent seen a year like this yet so one can only hope.

a2BRS8U.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On June 3, 2015 at 11:48 PM, dsaline97 said:

Still taking anything you have on the Kings, but rolling right along with....

pjlkKQ8.png

Professional baseball in Omaha, Nebraska began in 1924, but was short lived. Omaha Baseball Association became the Omaha Yokes when the USBL was officially formed in 1930. However, the team was not successful, as they were the only franchise out of six never to reach the finale, and eventually folded after the 1936 season. Baseball returned in 1996, and the Cyclones are the newest team in the league, though they still hold to much of the heritage of the Roaring 20s. Their lone title came in their third season of play behind strategic moves from GM Keenan Chester, rookie first baseman Shawn Morrissey, and pitcher Wayne Brogan.

Today, Morrissey still remains as the emotional leader of the club, even as his power is beginning to decline as he turns 39 in July. Emilio Guajardo is the ace and among the league’s hardest throwing pitchers, topping out at 103 mph on multiple occasions. Michael Verdana came over from Jacksonville at the trade deadline in 2013 for Ricky Guererro and has supplied the power that Morrissey has lacked of late, clubbing 68 homers in that span while playing right field.

The Cyclones’ identity is a wonderful blend of old and new. Red and cream were chosen as the colors for the franchise, the same colors used by the Yokes. The modern cap logo compliments the classic cream base and striped socks. The cursive fonts and roundel primary logo round out a classy identity that represents the history of baseball in Nebraska.

Lancaster Ballpark was designed to emulate an old ballpark, like many designed during its era. Brick facades around the outside give it an old-school feel, which blends well with the rest of the team. A twenty-foot-high fence in left field creates tons of doubles and making it a difficult position to play. Right field also has plenty of grass, making Lancaster a good hitters park, in contrast with the Cyclones’ northern neighbors in Des Moines.

3Y85m5C.png

YL0cguS.png

bHdhV8c.png

3N5TBeE.png

Original concept:

Hidden Content

C&C appreciated, we made it halfway!

Colorado Kings < Omaha Cyclones > Pittsburgh Flying Shearmen

I would buy any of these jerseys

Credit for logos goes to Veras

image.png

On 1/6/2016 at 9:29 AM, timberwolf said:

I think I asked this on page one, which was a while ago.

Now that an expansion is in order, maybe the Can Am series you were suggesting can come into play....

I'd say;

Philadelphia

Denver

Milwaukee

New Orleans

If you choose to add Canadian teams;

Toronto

Montreal

Vancouver

I've really enjoyed this series, beginning to end. Great work, DSaline!

I'm with you on New Orleans.. Not only because I live near the Crescent City, but because it would provide so much more "upside" as fantasy football fanatics would describe it. We have the most passionate fans, and can get behind any team that comes to the state (even though there are only 2, 3 if you count LSU).

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

The winds of change is coming to this topic really soon.I can feel it.Team redesigns and expansions,its a comin.:D

Funny you say that......

Today is Opening Day in the USBL world! The season always starts the first Friday in April, so hopefully today I'll roll out the updated USBL logo. All four expansion teams are done, I just need to write their descriptions. Stay tuned!

spacer.png

Archived