dgthree

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Akron just repainted their court for next season:

floor2.jpg

floor1.jpg

I could do without the kangaroo heads in the 3pt arc. Love that they are moving away from the A logo and featuring the Z.

I've stated before how using the first initial of a nickname is a pet peeve of mine so to me switching from the A to the Z is a massive downgrade.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

First, on the Oakland court, it looks like something out of a middle school gym or a rec center. It's not even like it's made of wood, but more like some sort of soft padding. Anyways, with Akron, I'm with everyone else, I'd much rather them have an "A" logo instead of a "Z" logo, but I understand why they did it. There's not a ton of "Z" teams out there. I do like the kangaroo in the lane though, it is unique and just different enough for me to like it. Could've been a lot worse.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

First, on the Oakland court, it looks like something out of a middle school gym or a rec center. It's not even like it's made of wood, but more like some sort of soft padding. Anyways, with Akron, I'm with everyone else, I'd much rather them have an "A" logo instead of a "Z" logo, but I understand why they did it. There's not a ton of "Z" teams out there. I do like the kangaroo in the lane though, it is unique and just different enough for me to like it. Could've been a lot worse.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Looks like a SportCourt.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I've always liked the Z better. The A logo isn't terrible, but most people don't understand why their is a kangaroo (or as some say donkey/horse looking animal). It's always felt a lot like a minor league baseball team or something. The Z is unique to college sports. Another happy accident with the Z is that it reads the same from both sides of the court. Similar to the suns center court wordmark.

I could have been much worse....

I would think these teams rolling out new court designs would wait until after a decision is reached on the potential rule change to extend the charge semi-circle in the lane. Seems like they're creating unnecessary work for themselves if they have go back and refinish part of the court.

CELzHcGWoAApPir.png

New court design for UK at their Women's arena. Looks like a new UK logo at mid court and the checkerboard pattern around the outside. I'm not opposed to the checkerboard, but as someone who grew up a UT fan (now an Auburn student), I don't think they should be using the checkerboard this much. Since it has been a staple of Tennessee athletics for years and comes from one of the buildings on campus, and Nike decided to revive/give UK the checkerboard treatment in 2008, it just doesn't seem right.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

CELzHcGWoAApPir.png

New court design for UK at their Women's arena. Looks like a new UK logo at mid court and the checkerboard pattern around the outside. I'm not opposed to the checkerboard, but as someone who grew up a UT fan (now an Auburn student), I don't think they should be using the checkerboard this much. Since it has been a staple of Tennessee athletics for years and comes from one of the buildings on campus, and Nike decided to revive/give UK the checkerboard treatment in 2008, it just doesn't seem right.

I hate our new logo, but I love the checkerboards pattern. For me, the checkerboards pattern may have been used by UT, Fresno State and Navy, but that doesn't mean another team cannot use them. Besides UK's purpose has nothing to do with college sports as it is based off of Secretariat's silks.

spacer.png

Archived