2015-16 College hoops

dgthree

I never understood why North Carolina's basketball uniforms say North Carolina, but South Carolina's just say Carolina.

South Carolina basketball jerseys just saying Carolina is so pretentious. If either team so ld have the right to just say Carolina, its the Tar Heels.
How on earth is that in any ways pretentious? Neither institution owns the word, 'Carolina,' so both can use it. Carolina has 'Carolina' on the majority of its uniforms in nearly each and every sport. Also, Carolina, like North Carolina, goes by Carolina.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never understood why North Carolina's basketball uniforms say North Carolina, but South Carolina's just say Carolina.

South Carolina basketball jerseys just saying Carolina is so pretentious. If either team so ld have the right to just say Carolina, its the Tar Heels.
How on earth is that in any ways pretentious? Neither institution owns the word, 'Carolina,' so both can use it. Carolina has 'Carolina' on the majority of its uniforms in nearly each and every sport. Also, Carolina, like North Carolina, goes by Carolina.

I wouldn't bother with that guys statement too much - calling USC pretentious compared to UNC is just insane. Either could use Carolina if they want, who cares.

Consistent, fairly simple, no extraneous colors...I like this!

Looks like Syracuse is finally going back to orange numbers

CO-BKliWoAEMb5K.jpg

Just saw the full kit in an email from an SU store. The shorts are...something, but hey, no platinum!

nikewhiteauthentic10jerseyIIfront_mediumnikeorgauthentic10jerseyIIfront_medium.j

nikeauthwhitebballshorts_medium.jpgnikeauthorgbballshorts_medium.jpg

It appears more likely the Orange hoops are getting further away from the navy color. I wish they would add a little navy trim to spice up the uniform better, just having plain orange (home and away) just doesn't look right.

What is UW trying to do with their shorts? It seems they're trying to create a W in the negative space between the gold triangles on the backside but couldn't decide what they wanted the front to be. They had a chance to do something clean and well-thought out but now it just looks like four big triangles on the shorts.

What is UW trying to do with their shorts? It seems they're trying to create a W in the negative space between the gold triangles on the backside but couldn't decide what they wanted the front to be. They had a chance to do something clean and well-thought out but now it just looks like four big triangles on the shorts.

The iconic jaws of husky stadium...

All kidding aside, they look terrible.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Really disappointed with these....

CRt_2iOUYAESocJ.jpgCRt_2idUkAAtDyo.jpg

CRt_2jtUwAAnms2.jpg

The shorts look dated, but I think the design is supposed to form a giant "W"...or something. EDIT: someone beat me to it.

Wichita State got some new road uiniforms.

Fred-Van-Vleet-New-Black-WSU-Uniforms-23

Number font is ugly, brings the whole uniform down.

Dude's beard looks like it's made of the same font.

Really disappointed with these....

CRt_2iCUYAA4fB5.jpg

CRt_2jtUwAAnms2.jpg

These are bad, but still better than their football uniforms.

I maybe be the minority in this, but I actually LOVE their new uniforms. Yeah they may have went a little overboard with their "V" shaped look on the side of their jerseys, but otherwise they are pretty cool unis. You couldn't ask for a better numeric and NOB lettering font. Besides, they are better than anything else Nike (or for that matter Adidas or UA) created for their schools.

Your bias is showing. For the record, I think neither should use Carolina.

Your bias is showing. For the record, I think neither should use Carolina.

Haha, I know it looks biased coming from me but I love the UNC colors and they've had some great uni sets. I guess my point is both schools call themselves Carolina, I do when talking about UNC, so it wouldn't bother me if either did it. I don't think they should, but the two color schemes just won't allow for one to be confused for the other so that's why it's not a big deal for me.

Archived