2015-16 College hoops

dgthree

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kent State Golden Flashes

12191633_10102334884050852_8974073564155

12140773_10102334884045862_4486124635345

What I do not understand is why is Kent State has names on the back (NOB) in the regular home white and road navy, as well as their alternate gray. But no name on back (NNOB) on their gold jersey? IMO, that is annoying. NCAA needs to mandate a rule that all Division I schools either have NOB on both home and away (and alternate except maybe a throwback) jerseys or they don't. I just hope UA forgot to add NOB on their gold jersey, if they don't than it's not a very bright move on both UA and Kent State's part.

Refers back to the Dave Odom era at Wake Forest and later South Carolina. In which he put NOB on the away jerseys but NNOB on the home jerseys, I never understood why he ever did that.

What I do not understand is why is Kent State has names on the back (NOB) in the regular home white and road navy, as well as their alternate gray. But no name on back (NNOB) on their gold jersey? IMO, that is annoying. NCAA needs to mandate a rule that all Division I schools either have NOB on both home and away (and alternate except maybe a throwback) jerseys or they don't. I just hope UA forgot to add NOB on their gold jersey, if they don't than it's not a very bright move on both UA and Kent State's part.

Refers back to the Dave Odom era at Wake Forest and later South Carolina. In which he put NOB on the away jerseys but NNOB on the home jerseys, I never understood why he ever did that.

Almost as annoying as using 4 different templates.

Wichita State got some new road uiniforms.

Fred-Van-Vleet-New-Black-WSU-Uniforms-23

How many years has Fred Van Vleet been on Wichita State? Like 7?! (I know, just 4, seems like forever though)

He's been the heart & soul of that team whenever the going gets tough for them, so as a neutral I'll miss him when he graduates. He could do with less geometric hair though.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Based on Duke's social media posts and photos from ACC Operation Basketball, it appears Duke has its new white, blue and black jerseys plus the white Disruption jerseys used in the NCAA run last year along with the never-used Blue versions, all in the regular rotation.

Odd that Duke is using two sets of white and blue jerseys (though Duke did that last year), let along two home and road sets that are very similar (especially the blue). Additionally, when the Duke parents were introduced at the Blue-White game nearly two weeks ago, they were all wearing their sons blue Disruption jerseys.

In addition to these 5 jerseys, we know that Nike will create its annual January/February special jersey. We also don't know the status of the fauxbacks and it appears that Duke's old standard jerseys are no longer in use.

Duke women also have brand new white blue and black jerseys built on the women's version of the Disruption template (the men's are a hybrid of the Dispruption and prior template). Like the men and the football team, Duke now has a consistent look of white jerseys with blue trim, letters and numbers; blue jerseys with white trim and numbers and black jerseys with white letters and numbers and blue trim. Black only exists on the men's and women's white and blue basketball jerseys as an outline around the letters and numbers.

You know what I haven't heard lately? Colleges coming up with crazy courts... has anyone have any knowledge of a school coming up with one starting this season, because that's kind of a low down dirty love that I have... I like the imagination and all.

You know what I haven't heard lately? Colleges coming up with crazy courts... has anyone have any knowledge of a school coming up with one starting this season, because that's kind of a low down dirty love that I have... I like the imagination and all.

TCU going with their frog skin pattern (*cough* still mad they've yet to announce the winner of their design the court contest...)

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Almost as annoying as using 4 different templates.
Apparently that's their thing now. They did that the last few years with Nike too. I don't mind alternates being different but home and away should be similar.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The schedule of teams wearing the Nike N7 turquoise uniforms is as follows:

November 13: Oklahoma State (Men’s)

November 14: Nevada (Men’s Rainbow Classic)

November 17: Florida State (Men’s)

November 18: San Diego State (Men’s)

November 18: Gonzaga (Men’s)

November 20: Oklahoma State (Women’s)

November 21: New Mexico (Women’s)

November 23: Stanford (Women’s)

November 24: Haskell Indian Nations University (Men’s and Women’s)

November 25: New Mexico (Men’s)

November 27: Nevada (Women’s)

December 1: Nevada (Men’s)

December 19: Florida State (Men’s) - game site on Seminole land in Sunrise, Florida

Really disappointed with these....

CRt_2iCUYAA4fB5.jpg

CRt_2jtUwAAnms2.jpg

These are bad, but still better than their football uniforms.

I was just browsing Fanatics and saw the shorts and had to come here to see if they had been released yet. I hoped they made more sense with the new jersey than by themselves, but turns out they don't at all. I will admit I'm biased but I thought UW had a great look the last 6 years or so and can't say I'm a fan of this "upgrade." I agree I think they were going for a giant W in the shorts but the execution is terrible at best. The good news is that I won't have to buy any of these monstrosities as I live outside of the office in UW basketball shorts, so thanks for the extra income Nike!

SEAsig.png

The schedule of teams wearing the Nike N7 turquoise uniforms is as follows:

November 13: Oklahoma State (Men’s)

November 14: Nevada (Men’s Rainbow Classic)

November 17: Florida State (Men’s)

November 18: San Diego State (Men’s)

November 18: Gonzaga (Men’s)

November 20: Oklahoma State (Women’s)

November 21: New Mexico (Women’s)

November 23: Stanford (Women’s)

November 24: Haskell Indian Nations University (Men’s and Women’s)

November 25: New Mexico (Men’s)

November 27: Nevada (Women’s)

December 1: Nevada (Men’s)

December 19: Florida State (Men’s) - game site on Seminole land in Sunrise, Florida

Here are Oklahoma State's:

bH22mTv.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Not sure if these got posted, but a couple of Adidas schools are getting "Iced Out" hoops unis...they "light up" when hit w/ camera flashes.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CTtQeclVAAAhoIU.mp4

adidas-iced-out-uniforms-2015.jpg?itok=1

If this actually works (I'm sure it won't) wouldn't this create an unfair advantage? If it's a home game, the student section could blind the opposing team with their cell phones

90758391980.gif

Not sure if these got posted, but a couple of Adidas schools are getting "Iced Out" hoops unis...they "light up" when hit w/ camera flashes.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CTtQeclVAAAhoIU.mp4

adidas-iced-out-uniforms-2015.jpg?itok=1

That right there is Adidas ingenuity...put the different scripts and numerals on the same sleeveless jersey, and have sleeves on the other. Who needs originality when you can be flashy?!

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived