2015-16 College hoops

dgthree

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Michigan shorts are awful. How come these teams will classic uniforms need to have a new style every year. It ALWAYS makes it worse...

Michigan has classic basketball uniforms?
Good point but several teams with classic uniforms (ex: Kansas) and not so classic uniforms are just getting these horrible uniform styles, which ruin a good look.

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

Those Michigan shorts are awful. How come these teams will classic uniforms need to have a new style every year. It ALWAYS makes it worse...

Michigan has classic basketball uniforms?
Good point but several teams with classic uniforms (ex: Kansas) and not so classic uniforms are just getting these horrible uniform styles, which ruin a good look.
How is Kansas still "classic"? The Trajan font poisoned their look.

Maybe Michigan's skid marks are just a final "FU" parting gift from Adidas. Of course if I were in the athletic department there's no way I would have signed off on that garbage.

So Wisconsin will get these too? I'm sure this is the across the board template this year. Michigan should just roll out their throwback uniform and call it a day.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Maybe Michigan's skid marks are just a final "FU" parting gift from Adidas. Of course if I were in the athletic department there's no way I would have signed off on that garbage.

So Wisconsin will get these too? I'm sure this is the across the board template this year. Michigan should just roll out their throwback uniform and call it a day.

I don't know. This will be Buckys last year with Adidas so I don't know if there will be changes or not. Even having said that, outside of the tournament uniforms, Wisconsin hasn't been involved in all the regular season goofy stuff Adidas has put out over the last few years.

Duke appears to have finally abandoned the pinlined sword panel that they've worn the past two decades. Although evolved may be a more appropriate description than abandoned as the new look seems to combine the old design with last year's tournament set and the recent fauxbacks.

https://instagram.com/p/7QFZkUxGQo/?taken-by=dukeblueplanet

https://instagram.com/p/7QXOesRGaq/?taken-by=dukeblueplanet

While the instagram post states that this will be one of two home options, the fact that they took their team photo in this set makes me believe it is the primary. As a whole, I like the look. I do think it could use some neck trim though. My favorite Duke look is still the early 2000's sets. Only royal and white on the home and aways with striped arm and neck trim, and the black alternate with thick arm and neck trim.

The bookstore has all three new uniforms. The blue is just an inverse of the white, while the black is substantially (but not radically) different.

Duke appears to have finally abandoned the pinlined sword panel that they've worn the past two decades. Although evolved may be a more appropriate description than abandoned as the new look seems to combine the old design with last year's tournament set and the recent fauxbacks.

https://instagram.com/p/7QFZkUxGQo/?taken-by=dukeblueplanet

https://instagram.com/p/7QXOesRGaq/?taken-by=dukeblueplanet

While the instagram post states that this will be one of two home options, the fact that they took their team photo in this set makes me believe it is the primary. As a whole, I like the look. I do think it could use some neck trim though. My favorite Duke look is still the early 2000's sets. Only royal and white on the home and aways with striped arm and neck trim, and the black alternate with thick arm and neck trim.

The bookstore has all three new uniforms. The blue is just an inverse of the white, while the black is substantially (but not radically) different.

Also looks like the fauxbacks may be the rumored second white jersey despite being so close to these new jerseys as they were shooting the team video today and tweeted out a picture of a pair of the fauxback shorts being ironed (though all the photos from today show the new white jerseys). The new jerseys are a cross between the new Nike jersey style introduced for the 2012 Olympics and the jersey style introduced for the 2014 FIBA World Cup (which is also what the Disruption jerseys were last spring).

Now that I've seen all three, I'm not a fan of Duke's change. The white and blue sets aren't bad, but the old style had much more character. The new black set is a definite downgrade. While the white twill is more legible than the old's blue, the overall color balance and cohesion feels out of sync on the new set.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone's favorite mid-major (or at least mine): Valpo! Have to say the jersey is underwhelming, will have to see it in action. Last two years they were on the Duke template, whatever that was called. Horizon League Tournament also being moved to Joe Louis in Detroit, which is a load of crap if you ask me.

tevin_zpselj5xhx2.jpg

valpo%20jerseys_zpswzvansa2.png

New WVU gold uni's:

CQO59KzUkAAyCc6.jpg

Pretty dumb. Hopefully this design is just on the gold jerseys and not on the blue and white ones as well.

https://twitter.com/WVUhoops/status/649567240417841152

Reminds me of when North Carolina, Michigan, and Miami had the same idea in 2002 or so.

Terrible no matter when it happens.

It's looks like Cardinals update their shorts adding two stripes on that:

mtupok.jpg

"Where were her legs for most of the night?"

"This area...right here...."

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived