2015-16 College hoops

dgthree

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been saying for years that UT needed to incorporate the checkerboard more into their uniforms, and I'm so glad they have. It's kind of odd seeing the exact same design down the basketball shorts and football pants, but it looks great for both of them.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

I've been saying for years that UT needed to incorporate the checkerboard more into their uniforms, and I'm so glad they have. It's kind of odd seeing the exact same design down the basketball shorts and football pants, but it looks great for both of them.

I have a feeling that element will be the unifying theme for most of the sports teams at Tennessee.

Interesting that the Vols are going with black number outlines here, but not for Football.

The black outlines definitely look out of place.

Not black... It's anthracite. Black has been completely removed from Tennessee's sport identity. Added light gray and anthracite as complimentary colors

Nike can call it what they want, but black = anthracite in my book.

Put the two next to each other. There is definitely a difference

Didn't say there wasn't. But what happens when they're not next to each other?

Whether you call the Tennessee alternate Anthracite/Light Grey or Black/Grey, I think you'd be right. It's all semantics.

• 2 weeks later...

New Adidas throw/fauxbacks for Louisville, Wisconsin, Kansas, Mississippi State, and Nebraska:

https://twitter.com/conradburry/status/623921730470326272

I like all the concepts except for Nebraska's. So are these throwbacks or fauxbacks? Seems like Adidas is mostly just trying to cash in on the MLB cream trend, which I'm ok with for one/several-offs.

I'm encouraged by the fact that there's no concept for Michigan. If Adidas doesn't give our basketball or football teams any new uniforms this last year of the contract, I'll be glad. Although the national championship jersey is still my favorite all-time for Michigan basketball and I was happy with Adidas's execution of it last season.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived