Golf

2001mark

That 18th green was gnarly. I forget who, their dialed approach shot nearly hit the pin coming in, nearly did again from the backboard rebound on the reverse, & then ended up 20 miles below...

I like the Spieth story, he plays fearless.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Chalmers Bay was one of the ugliest courses I ever seen, I hope it we never see a tournament there again. All the green in Washington and that thing looked like a toxic mess.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Chalmers Bay was one of the ugliest courses I ever seen, I hope it we never see a tournament there again. All the green in Washington and that thing looked like a toxic mess.

Chalmers1.gif

PvO6ZWJ.png

Plus 18 more holes of Joe Buck this hole is brought to you by Empire watch for season 2 this winter on Fox, and that hole reminds me of Gotham how about it Greg.

You know what the best part of yesterday was Greg Norman explaining what it was like to choke in a major, he had plenty of knowledge on the subject.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Plus 18 more holes of Joe Buck this hole is brought to you by Empire watch for season 2 this winter on Fox, and that hole reminds me of Gotham how about it Greg.

You know what the best part of yesterday was Greg Norman explaining what it was like to choke in a major, he had plenty of knowledge on the subject.

So, if it wasn't golf telecast, but rather it was a cooking show on spicy chicken, you would have been on TV yesterday?

Well, at least FOX is only teed up for USGA events. Thank gawd. Harold Reynolds might've needed to be brought in for an IQ bump.

Truthfully, I liked their visual package, score bug, including the leader scroll. As someone pointed out online last night, Adam Scott was on some historic pace & only 2 putts of his were shown all day.

It just felt like a mailed in Thu-Fri ESPN major package. Bright, shiny, 1200hrs long, & yet no one really knows what they're talking about or where the cameras are cued up.

My fav, I think I saw the scores change in the bug, & they'd throw to a 'this just happened' putt, only the scoring had already spoiled the video... thus evaporating the drama.

@2001mark

Looking forward to The Open. Mcilroy & Spieth while not red hot, seem zoned in for a duel. DJ I could see missing the cut altogether based on putting yips between the ears.
Tiger should at least be competitive, St. Andrew's is one of the next most routine/familiar major tracks this side of Augusta. I would be shocked if he missed the cut.

@2001mark

Well, at least FOX is only teed up for USGA events. Thank gawd. Harold Reynolds might've needed to be brought in for an IQ bump.

Truthfully, I liked their visual package, score bug, including the leader scroll. As someone pointed out online last night, Adam Scott was on some historic pace & only 2 putts of his were shown all day.

It just felt like a mailed in Thu-Fri ESPN major package. Bright, shiny, 1200hrs long, & yet no one really knows what they're talking about or where the cameras are cued up.

My fav, I think I saw the scores change in the bug, & they'd throw to a 'this just happened' putt, only the scoring had already spoiled the video... thus evaporating the drama.

Prefer the "plausibly live" approach, do you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived