Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

It's just about time for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, or as they're being called in 2015, the reverse-reverse tank.

Missing this year:

The NHL's Best Fans

The NHL's Best Contrasting Nameplates

The NHL's Best Wife-Beaters

The NHL's Best Jumbotron Smartass

The NHL's Best Slackers

pending the result of tonight's games, possibly The NHL's Best Player

Naked pictures of Joffrey Lupul

And yet with all these things missing, somehow this is still shaping up to be a postseason to remember!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no interest in this thread but had to chime in because really regret not seeing sleater Kinney this February. I went to the box office the day they went on sale (on-sale date was same night as a Sylvan Esso show - highly recommended) and they literally LOLd when I asked about SK tix. They sold out on-line in roughly 10 mins.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Too bad a good composer like Scriabin didn't write the Rite of Spring, then the title of this thread would be cooler.

I like Scriabin a lot, but how can you not respect Stravinsky?

One of the most famous opening nights in history!

Edit: Alternate title for the thread in here somewhere: "Then," Stravinsky told his biographer, "when the curtain opened on the group of knock-kneed and long-braided Lolitas jumping up and down, the storm broke."

With Montreal getting at least a point, an Ottawa - Montreal series is officially going to happen. It also confirms a Tampa - Detroit series

The two playoff series left to be determined will be decided by the Anaheim - Arizona game.

Edit: Washington gets home ice over the Isles as well, everything in the East has been decided.

Really liking that the Lightning's road to the ECF would be Detroit and then one of Montreal/Ottawa. Shades of '04 when two great match ups in the first two rounds paid dividends later on.

It's just about time for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, or as they're being called in 2015, the reverse-reverse tank.

Missing this year:

The NHL's Best Fans

The NHL's Best Contrasting Nameplates

The NHL's Best Wife-Beaters

The NHL's Best Jumbotron Smartass

The NHL's Best Slackers

pending the result of tonight's games, possibly The NHL's Best Player

Naked pictures of Joffrey Lupul

And yet with all these things missing, somehow this is still shaping up to be a postseason to remember!

In this year:

NHL's best cabbie muggers

NHL's best adulters

NHL's best farters

NHL's best rioters

Naked pictures of Ryan Kesler

Naked pictures of Brad Richards

Also missing:

NHL's best racists

Eastern Conference playoff field ends up being the customary 1-8, 4-5, 2-7, 3-6. The West, however, is 1-7, 6-8, 2-5, 3-4. Divisional rivalries matter (except when you play 32 games outside the conference)!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived