Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly surprised USA Network hasn't truly gotten used for sports programming until now.

NBC's shown the Olympics on USA.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

FWIW...

First Round

(4) Minnesota over (1) St. Louis in 7

(3) Chicago over (2) Nashville in 7

(4) Winnipeg over (1) Anaheim in 7

(2) Vancouver over (3) Calgary in 6

(1) Montréal over (4) Ottawa in 6

(2) Tampa Bay over (3) Detroit in 5

(1) New York Rangers over (4) Pittsburgh in 4

(2) Washington over (3) New York Islanders in 6

Second Round

(3) Chicago over (4) Minnesota in 6

(4) Winnipeg over (2) Vancouver in 7

(2) Tampa Bay over (1) Montréal in 6

(1) New York Rangers over (2) Washington in 5

Conference Finals

(4) Winnipeg over (3) Chicago in 7

(1) New York Rangers over (2) Tampa Bay in 5

Stanley Cup Final

(1) New York Rangers over (4) Winnipeg Jets in 4

25yzwqg.png

Honestly surprised USA Network hasn't truly gotten used for sports programming until now.

NBC's shown the Olympics on USA.
Don't they also extensively use CNBC for the Olympics? I wouldn't really say that counts.

DIVISION SEMIFINALS

(1)STL over (4)MIN in 5

(2)NSH over (3)CHI in 6

(1)ANA over (4)WPG in 5

(3)CGY over (2)VAN in 7

(1)MTL over (4)OTT in 7

(2)TBL over (3)DET in 6

(4)PIT over (1)NYR in 5

(3)NYI over (2)WSH in 6

DIVISION FINALS

(1)STL over (2)NSH in 7

(1)ANA over (3)CGY in 5

(2)TBL over (1)MTL in 6

(3)NYI over (4)PIT in 6

CONFERENCE FINALS

(1)STL over (1)ANA in 7

(3)NYI over (2)TBL in 7

STANLEY CUP FINALS

(3)NYI over (1)STL in 7

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Jesus you guys I'm the biggest Jets Homer in here but I don't even think they'll last 6 against the Ducks.

I think they're evenly matched. The Ducks have more elite talent up top, the Jets have more depth, the Ducks are better at forward, Jets on defense, but both teams have lots of big mean guys who go around trying to crush everyone. Anaheim has a slight edge in goals scored (228 to 223), Winnipeg has a sizable edge in goals against (221 to 204), and the Jets have the wider gap between the two (19 to 7), which the Jets achieved in a meat-grinder of a division. If the Ducks can keep up their magic in one-goal games, they'll get through, but if the horseshoe finally falls out of their ass and the Jets can floor it for seven games, the Jets can win a razor-close war of a series.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Jesus you guys I'm the biggest Jets Homer in here but I don't even think they'll last 6 against the Ducks.

I think they're evenly matched. The Ducks have more elite talent up top, the Jets have more depth, the Ducks are better at forward, Jets on defense, but both teams have lots of big mean guys who go around trying to crush everyone. Anaheim has a slight edge in goals scored (228 to 223), Winnipeg has a sizable edge in goals against (221 to 204), and the Jets have the wider gap between the two (19 to 7), which the Jets achieved in a meat-grinder of a division. If the Ducks can keep up their magic in one-goal games, they'll get through, but if the horseshoe finally falls out of their ass and the Jets can floor it for seven games, the Jets can win a razor-close war of a series.
It really will all come down to, whose marginal goaltenders will step up. I'm not completely convinced that Anaheim has championship level goalies, and the shoe is gonna drop for Pavelec at some point.

I mean, I hope like hell the Jets can pull it out, but I'm just not sure.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

MIN over STL

CHI over NSH

WPG over ANA

VAN over CGY

CHI over MIN

WPG over VAN

CHI over WPG

OTT over MTL

TBL over DET

NYR over PIT

NYI over WSH

TBL over OTT

NYR over NYI (this series needs to happen)

TBL over NYR

Tampa Bay over Chicago in 5

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

At my first glance, the Western Conference looks so....weak.

The Blues are playing well, but they always seem to be doing that until the playoffs begin. Can't trust them.

Nashville's been hot garbage for over a month now. Don't like that trend.

The Flames seem like they're not ready for the spotlight. I think of them having a bunch of kids.

The Canucks and Jets seem like just average teams, though Winnipeg's peaking at the right time.

My gut feeling is that Chicago kinda King'ed their way through the last month and are gonna get into playoff mode and cruise to the Finals. I like Anaheim's chances of reaching the Finals because of their ability to play great in 1-goal situations. And hasn't Minnesota had the best 2nd-half of the season (goal differential-speaking)?

If I had to rank the West in order of likelihood of reaching the Cup Final, I'd go: Anaheim, Chicago, Minnesota, St. Louis, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Nashville, Calgary.

In the East...yikes. Even though Pittsburgh's an 8-seed, I wouldn't be shocked to see them make a run. I think the winner of their series with the Rangers makes the Cup Final. I think Ottawa will be gassed, I don't trust Tampa or the Islanders or Washington, and I'm not sure what to make of Detroit or Montreal.

Archived