Favorite BFBS Jersey

kw11333

What is your favorite BFBS jersey?

Also, do you miss the late 90's and early 2000's craze of black jerseys at all? Even a little? The later part of the 90's was pretty void of colour.

A lot of the BFBS jerseys in the 90's were just re-colourized jerseys the team currently had. Say what you want, I still prefer the Flyers wear a verision of these instead of wearing two orange jerseys.

In 1999 15/29 teams had a black or a very dark blue jersey. Today there are only 8

Philadelphia-Flyers-Black-Jersey-1997-20

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a minority opinion, but I think the Mets' black uniforms were pretty neat. They weren't the greatest look, no way, but I liked the use of orange as a shadow color, and the blue striping really popped. I think the cap could have been done better, though.

large_20080705_fjh_sy4_110.jpg

ICXC NIKA

Technically it's a team color but the best black alternate uniform to me:

chi-bulls-black-pinstripe-620x620.jpg

Stricly BFBS, I think UNC looks good with the Carolina blue against black. I'd prefer navy though.

20131017_ter_sd2_301.0.jpg

These ASU uniforms are sharp...despite black replacing their maroon/garnet/burgundy/whatever they call their dark red school color.

ASU.jpg

azst-11-12-allblack-dougjames-675x380.jp

87Redskins.png

Do the 2003 Marlins all black alternate jersey that they wont the World Series in count? I wanna so no because black was part of their color scheme but they did overdo it that year. If not then I'll respectfully say none.

To me the very definition of BFBS is that the black is unecessary... and thus it doesn't look good to me. Teams that look good in black tend to be teams that actually use black.

Bit of a minority opinion, but I think the Mets' black uniforms were pretty neat. They weren't the greatest look, no way, but I liked the use of orange as a shadow color, and the blue striping really popped. I think the cap could have been done better, though.

funny, the cap might be my favourite thing about it. well, that and the script.

Do the 2003 Marlins all black alternate jersey that they wont the World Series in count? I wanna so no because black was part of their color scheme but they did overdo it that year. If not then I'll respectfully say none.

To me the very definition of BFBS is that the black is unecessary... and thus it doesn't look good to me. Teams that look good in black tend to be teams that actually use black.

i agree with that, but i would extend(you might as well, but im not sure) that a team with black in the colour scheme can be BFBS, such as said marlins jersey, the current marlins black, and the current pirates black alt(the overuse of said jerseys, and my opinion that it does not add to the identity for the pirates, makes it BFBS)

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

funny, the cap might be my favourite thing about it. well, that and the script.

i agree with that, but i would extend(you might as well, but im not sure) that a team with black in the colour scheme can be BFBS, such as said marlins jersey, the current marlins black, and the current pirates black alt(the overuse of said jerseys, and my opinion that it does not add to the identity for the pirates, makes it BFBS)

Yeah I'm with you there, that's kinda what I was getting at with the 03 Marlins... they overdid the black (and murdered the teal) but if I like any BFBS it's that one. The Pirates one fits although I don't hate that one. Their BP one though, with the black lettering is just a killer. I don't mind the current Miami black actually. They probably wear it too much but I like it once a week at home. It fits the city and it provides a dark base for all the colors of the logo to pop off of. That's a long debate for another day of course.

Oh wait how about the new SF black alternate? That one has to be cutting it close too.

I liked the Mets script better on the black

320338-jul-1998-hideo-nomo-of-the-new-yo

The Flyers and Georgia uniforms aren't even BFBS, with those being team colors...

I was a fan of these believe it or not:

184239685.0.jpg

I thought that those uniforms looked very sharp when they wore them.

a2BRS8U.png

The Flyers and Georgia uniforms aren't even BFBS, with those being team colors...

I was a fan of these believe it or not:

184239685.0.jpg

I thought that those uniforms looked very sharp when they wore them.

I agree. I think it's mostly because they so perfectly matched that era of Keith Price from Compton (hello Raiders) leading the team with some pretty good performances.

allen-iverson-ba8e39db171151a7.jpg

The 76ers of my adolescence, and the last time they were any good.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived