Favorite BFBS Jersey

kw11333

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Royal blue and black just don't go well together. The black darkens the blue and they end up muddled together. There's not enough clarity. The Royals tried to solve this problem with the white trim but it's like putting a band-aid on a broken leg. If there was any solution to it, it'd actually probably be to eliminate the blue altogether and make the wordmark a solid white... which wouldn't look horrible as just black and white but would obviously make no sense to the Royals as they kinda need the blue. (This is probably similar to the Black Jays look which I didn't think was absolutely ugly so much as it just didn't make sense as was then awkward)

The A's just have such a gorgeous color scheme using the green and gold with plenty of white to help amplify the clean and classy look.... then suddenly everything that works with their color scheme gets washed away by bringing in the exact opposite of white.

What is your favorite BFBS jersey?

Also, do you miss the late 90's and early 2000's craze of black jerseys at all? Even a little? The later part of the 90's was pretty void of colour.

A lot of the BFBS jerseys in the 90's were just re-colourized jerseys the team currently had. Say what you want, I still prefer the Flyers wear a verision of these instead of wearing two orange jerseys.

In 1999 15/29 teams had a black or a very dark blue jersey. Today there are only 8

Philadelphia-Flyers-Black-Jersey-1997-20

I love that Flyers jersey as well, I grew up with it. Didn't realize it was out of the ordinary at the time. Would this technically be BFBS though? Since black is one of their primary colors

I would've said the flyers as well, definitely should be an alt.

So I'll say the diamondbacks, especially with the cool arm trim.

1998-road-black2.jpg

Agreed. And I'll say these as well:

2006-road-black2.jpg

Neither of those were BFBS. Black has always been part of the Diamondbacks color scheme.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I don't think some of you guys understand what BFBS is. If a team has black as a dominant color, it isn't BFBS. It's a team like the Lakers, A's or the Sounders. Not Georgia State, the D-Backs or the Flyers.

spacer.png

Archived