Favorite BFBS Jersey

kw11333

I would've said the flyers as well, definitely should be an alt.

So I'll say the diamondbacks, especially with the cool arm trim.

1998-road-black2.jpg

Agreed. And I'll say these as well:

2006-road-black2.jpg

Neither of those were BFBS. Black has always been part of the Diamondbacks color scheme.

True, black was part of every 90s expansion teams colors, so yea they all had black ingrained in them.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jordan-farmar-hollywood-nights.jpg

And the aforementioned Huskies jersey as well. Something about black, purple and yellow/gold really works for me.

I like that Lakers jersey a lot too, the only problem is that they're fielding a college team in it ;)

spacer.png

I don't considered any team with Black in their color scheme to be BFBS. So that teams like the Ravens, Cardinals, Bulls, Eagles, Flyers, etc don't count. (And I like all of their black alts too.)

BFBS is like when the Mets or Royals added black for no reason or a team with no black in their scheme at all adds a black alt (ex: A's)

As for real BFBS I liked:

Two already posted in this thread come to mind. If I think of more I'll post em.

11.18aaa.jpg

18f0trlu53alzjpg.jpg

I don't think some of you guys understand what BFBS is. If a team has black as a dominant color, it isn't BFBS. It's a team like the Lakers, A's or the Sounders. Not Georgia State, the D-Backs or the Flyers.

I dont think you understand Georgia State's history. They have historically ONLY worn blue and white (with an orange alternate for samaritans feet over the past 3 seasons with Ron Hunter) until this past season where they introduced black jerseys. School colors are blue, white and red. BFBS in my mind

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I don't think some of you guys understand what BFBS is. If a team has black as a dominant color, it isn't BFBS. It's a team like the Lakers, A's or the Sounders. Not Georgia State, the D-Backs or the Flyers.

I dont think you understand Georgia State's history. They have historically ONLY worn blue and white (with an orange alternate for samaritans feet over the past 3 seasons with Ron Hunter) until this past season where they introduced black jerseys. School colors are blue, white and red. BFBS in my mind

bjfjg5beeg9e7u12tg4exqfxp.gif

Their primary logo would beg to differ.

spacer.png

What is your favorite BFBS jersey?

Also, do you miss the late 90's and early 2000's craze of black jerseys at all? Even a little? The later part of the 90's was pretty void of colour.

A lot of the BFBS jerseys in the 90's were just re-colourized jerseys the team currently had. Say what you want, I still prefer the Flyers wear a verision of these instead of wearing two orange jerseys.

In 1999 15/29 teams had a black or a very dark blue jersey. Today there are only 8

Philadelphia-Flyers-Black-Jersey-1997-20

I love that Flyers jersey as well, I grew up with it. Didn't realize it was out of the ordinary at the time. Would this technically be BFBS though? Since black is one of their primary colors

I love that jersey as well. Got a John LeClair one hanging in my closet. It wasn't out of the ordinary. This jersey started out as an alt but eventually replaced the orange jersey as the primary colored jersey.

Phillies102708_1.pngEagles_15.jpg

bjfjg5beeg9e7u12tg4exqfxp.gif

Their primary logo would beg to differ.

The Celtics Primary logo also contains black, does this mean when they wear black it is not BFBS?

Here are the proper two logos that are used without the black shading

377_gsu_logo.jpg

Also showcased here the proper logos included in the rebrand

http://harley-creative.com/work/gsu/

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

And the aforementioned Huskies jersey as well. Something about black, purple and yellow/gold really works for me.

I like that Lakers jersey a lot too, the only problem is that they're fielding a college team in it ;)

The Lakers are lazy. If they are doing BFBS they should have gone with these:

kobetrophies.jpg

kobetrophies.jpg

That would be stealing another company's creation.

Go A's!

kobetrophies.jpg

Are you sure?

nba-los-angeles-lakers-8-kobe-bryant-blu

What is your favorite BFBS jersey?

Also, do you miss the late 90's and early 2000's craze of black jerseys at all? Even a little? The later part of the 90's was pretty void of colour.

A lot of the BFBS jerseys in the 90's were just re-colourized jerseys the team currently had. Say what you want, I still prefer the Flyers wear a verision of these instead of wearing two orange jerseys.

In 1999 15/29 teams had a black or a very dark blue jersey. Today there are only 8

Philadelphia-Flyers-Black-Jersey-1997-20

I love that Flyers jersey as well, I grew up with it. Didn't realize it was out of the ordinary at the time. Would this technically be BFBS though? Since black is one of their primary colors

Not a fan of it myself... my problem with that look is that there's not enough color in it, but emphasizing orange over white with that design wouldn't look right either. I think the Edge 1.0 version actually came closer to the ideal color balance for a black Flyers sweater:

Dallas+Stars+v+Philadelphia+Flyers+EluUD

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

kobetrophies.jpg

Are you sure?

That's not what I am talking about. Nike created the idea of using BFBS on a Lakers throwback. Why would Lakers tell Adidas to steal a created idea that their rival company made?

Go A's!

kobetrophies.jpg

Are you sure?

That's not what I am talking about. Nike created the idea of using BFBS on a Lakers throwback. Why would Lakers tell Adidas to steal a created idea that their rival company made?

Well it could happen now since the article on the main page thinks Nike has the NBA jersey deal locked up.

kobetrophies.jpg

Are you sure?

Was it around the time they had weird colored swing man jerseys?

Archived