2015 NFL Uni Re-Designs -- Series Complete -- Week 1 Matchups (added 7/14/15)

Philly's Phinest

I've been creating concepts for quite some time now, but have never gotten around to posting any. Finally decided to make a thread and get some good, constructive CC on my designs.

In this thread, I'll be sharing my concepts for all 32 NFL teams and what I would like to see in the NFL. Any suggestions on improvements would be great and I'll go through and tweak to get the most out of each design. There will be no particular order to teams being posted. These are just as I have an idea and once I feel each design is complete and ready for CC.

Note ** All designs are done using MS Paint. Templates for the unis are from the Paint Users Paradise thread and most fonts used are from Conrad's Thread (thanks!). Eventually I'll be transferring all my ideas over to Photoshop once I learn the program better and am fully comfortable with it. The idea is to get these designs perfected here and eventually mock them up onto live player templates.

All that being said, hope you enjoy!!

1/32 -- Cleveland Browns

First up, on the afternoon before the big jersey reveal, is my take on the Cleveland Browns. The Browns really like sticking with tradition. The focus of this concept was to create a clean, classic design, but add a little bit of a modern touch. The helmet (inspired by Oregon State), is primarily matte orange along with an orange mask. I made the stripe fairly wide and carried it down onto the grill. The back of the stripe is inspired by their old secondary "B" logo. This striping is consistent throughout the design and is also seen on the shoulders and side of the pants.

S6SzSzK.png

Home Set:

I wanted to change things up a bit and get back to an orange look for the Browns. The primary jersey is orange with the same striping as the helmets. Nothing too fancy or modern. Numbers on the chest and back are brown with a silver accent. I thought the addition of silver was a nice touch to the design and changes their traditional look up a bit. Pants are white with consistent striping with a brown B on the hip. I contemplated bringing the stripe all the way up, but I liked the way the B fits above it. Prior to the B, I had the player number on the hip. I couldn't decide which I liked better, but eventually settled on the B.

TL5yzOW.png

Away Set:

Not too much different from the home set. Major change we see is orange numbers with a brown outline as opposed to the current brown numbers on white. Keeping with the trend in the NFL of white on white, pants are the same as the home set. I've also added a set of brown pants and orange pants which will be posted below with the white jersey.

lrisyCl.png

Alternate Brown Unis:

The Browns wouldn't be complete without a brown jersey. Again, very similar to the home and away. Numbers are white with an orange outline. I tinkered with orange numbers, but I didn't like the contrast on the set. I have these paired with white pants as I feel that is the best combo for the look. Also noted (as with home and away) is the silver accents on the sleeve. I think it makes the design pop a little more.

SnB1ODz.png

Other Away Options:

Lastly, here is the away white jersey paired with the orange and brown pants. These can be paired with any jersey in theory, but as with the rest of the NFL, I'm not a fan of when teams do the color on color monochrome look (few exceptions).

uhMg2bU.png

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now I'm seeing quite a bit of resemblance to the Oregon State Beavers: the facemask stripe, the pant stripe is kind similar, even the font is Beaverton Block, used by OSU.

Yeah, why don't you use the Cleveland Browns font Conrad made?

we-are-cleveland.png?w=788

JeKhnr9.png

Right now I'm seeing quite a bit of resemblance to the Oregon State Beavers: the facemask stripe, the pant stripe is kind similar, even the font is Beaverton Block, used by OSU.

Yeah, why don't you use the Cleveland Browns font Conrad made?

we-are-cleveland.png?w=788

Thanks for the suggestion! I made this concept quite a while ago and didn't see this font. However, I have made the change.

Johnny's uniform says "2 B".

Just write "drunk" on his shoes and they're perfect for him.

A lot of positives in your design that are better than what was just released. Not liking the B on the pants but love the jerseys. I love the shoulder stipes but not sure using the colored sleeves right beside them works. I like both elements but they may not work well right beside each other. Number font is great.

87Redskins.png

Johnny's uniform says "2 B".

Just write "drunk" on his shoes and they're perfect for him.

A lot of positives in your design that are better than what was just released. Not liking the B on the pants but love the jerseys. I love the shoulder stipes but not sure using the colored sleeves right beside them works. I like both elements but they may not work well right beside each other. Number font is great.

I have to say I chuckled on the Johnny comments.

However, since I switched fonts, I feel like the B is a bit too bold on the pants. I may try switching to my idea of the player number on the hip or something of the sorts. I may actually remove it completely and extend the stripe.

Next up...

2/32 -- Atlanta Falcons

It seems as though a lot of people really like the Falcons with red helmets (me being one). I wanted to go back to those days of old, so I went with the red lid and a gray facemask. The helmet features a fairly short and pointy tri-colored stripe. Also added is the ATL abbreviation on the bumper. The Falcons wordmark/font and logo both remain unchanged.

8k9tx9P.png

Home Set:

I've always been a fan of the Falcons in black so I decided to go with that as the primary. The home jersey is primarily black with red sleeves where the logo is featured. The collar is 3/4 red with a thin gray stripe to tie out the front. Falcons wordmark is featured right below the collar in red. Another new feature is the addition of a white pointy strip going towards the center of the chest. Atlanta is written in red inside of this space. I wanted to incorporate more gray into the design and go back to the gray pants as well for the main uni combo. Also featured are a set of white and black pants which can be swapped in and out. The font used is the current Falcons font that I also carried over into the numbers and nameplate.

tXrOSWy.png

Away Set:

The away kit is very similar to the home, just that white becomes the primary with the gray pants.

7tX6T2m.png

Alternate Set:

Lastly I created an alternate set in red to tie out all of the combinations. Jersey is primarily red with no specific preference on pants as it can be paired with any set. Also noted, the collar has an added color to pop more.

KvQ3Tb1.png

I feel like your word marks are way too small and too close to the collar. Great set, though.

I agree, also have one only one wordmark. If you're trying to mimic what Seattle did, only have the wordmark inside the stripe. Other than that I really like it, and the gray pants seems like a nice nod to the Bulldogs

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

I feel like your word marks are way too small and too close to the collar. Great set, though.

I disagree. NFL uniform wordmarks (except for Cleveland's new uniforms) are small. I think the Falcons mark is the right size, but it might be good to lower it slightly. If you want to keep the Atlanta mark, move the Falcons mark to the other triangle; it looks unbalanced right now.

Interesting note: no one (except for Cleveland now) uses their city name on their jersey; it is always the team name.

award%20sig.png

Archived