2015 NFL Uni Re-Designs -- Series Complete -- Week 1 Matchups (added 7/14/15)

Philly's Phinest

As far as the numbers go, it was just a stylistic touch that I wanted to add. I just liked the look of the set that way. I know it's inconsistent, but if more people prefer the outline on the away, I'll switch it back.

Interesting. Deliberate inconsistency is not something we see very often. I think only the Raiders are using different outline types for home and away (not counting the Cowboys but they rarely wear their blue jersey). I'm still curious to see all orange home numbers but I think your explanation makes the present look really cool.

Here is what it would look like with the full orange numbers. I actually kinda like it. Also, funny you should say the Cowboys, because they're actually on deck for my series.

XA3diUz.png

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5/32 -- Dallas Cowboys

Alright, so I'll preface this by saying that I am in no way, shape or form a fan of the Cowboys. However, I did like their unis of the 90s with the star on the shoulder. I wanted to recreate that with this set. No change to the logo or wordmark. The helmet is now primarily silver-blue with a silver facemask. The stripe remains the same as you have the white surrounded by the dark blue.

T2B3Hdu.png

Dark Set:

As most of you are aware, the Cowboys rarely wear blue jerseys, so instead of calling this the home set, I'll just refer to it as their dark set. The jersey is primarily dark blue with white shoulders and sleeves. The cuffs are a dark blue. The shoulders feature the Cowboys star in dark blue with faint, sublimated stars. There is also a silver-blue stripe on the chest that separates the white from the blue. I originally had this run onto the sleeve and carried the blue over as well below it, however, I wasn't satisfied with the way the number would have looked on the sleeve. If anyone wants to see what it looked like before, I'd be glad to post it and see how it could be tweaked. The numbers are white with the silver outline. Pants are silver-blue with a stripe to match the helmet.

VkB7Ylg.png

Light Set:

As the Cowboys primarily use white, here is the light set. This is the same as the dark set, just that the white replaces the blue and vice versa. Again, there are sublimated stars on the shoulders in a very dark blue. The number is blue with a silver accent. Pants stay the same as do the socks. The main difference in this set compared to their current look is the removal of the lighter blue for a more consistent look.

meCeMH4.png

Alternate White Pants (for fun):

The set below is a modern take on the pants and is just for fun to see what it would look like if another team did something similar to what the Browns just did. Again, this one is just for fun to see the look on a different team. If I were to re-brand the boys, I would not include this! That being said, hope everyone is enjoying the series. C&C is appreciated and I would love to see how I can improve the look. Thanks!

UQnQyPq.png

6/32 -- Jacksonville Jaguars

In my opinion, I think the Jaguars have a great set of colors to work with, however, I just don't feel like their look can be the best it can be. My goal with this set was to do exactly that, so I decided to give them the Oregon Ducks treatment with a bunch of options. Let's start with the helmet. The biggest change is the removal of the two tone gradient which was just awful. Keeping with their matte theme, the helmet is primarily matte black with three stripes varying in size. Stripes are gold and teal. The facemask and bumper are also black to give that blacked out feel to the design. The bumper is simple and just reads "Jags"

1NoRBB5.png

Home Options:

I've decided to go with black as the home color. The jersey features very sharp striping to match that of the helmet. Also noted, Jacksonville is written across the chest. Numbers are white with a double outline of gold and teal. The name on the back is solid white and in the Jags font. I removed the Jags patch previously found on the left chest and placed it on the hip of the pants above the striping. There are three options for the pants which are shown in each set for comparison with the main being the white at home.

ab9zv5y.png

Away Options:

Very much like the home set just that white becomes the primary. Again, there are 3 options with the pants with the main being paired with the black for this set. Jaguars appears on the chest and is arched like their wordmark.

Id06lBN.png

Alternate Options:

Last we have the alternate teal jerseys. Same as the home and road with the 3 pant options. "Jags" is listed on the chest. This gives the Jaguars their city on the home, team name on the road and nickname on the alternate (just something I thought would be a cool idea to do).

zzjb3Gy.png

Extra Mile Oregon Treatment:

Now I know the NFL has the one helmet rule, blah blah blah. I wish this would change. But it wouldn't be the complete Oregon treatment with optional lids. Here are some other colors that would be cool with different pairings.

KuQ98uz.png

I'd make that teal helmet the primary. Well done, Jags look great! The Bears look outstanding too...classy look for them.

I'm not liking the way the Cowboys star, shoulder and sleeve treatment and TV numbers are all so close together, seems crammed in and jumbled.

87Redskins.png

I don't like the "horns" on the jerseys. They seem to clash with the rounded sleeve striping. I would also make the stripe on the jersey sleeves gold on all three jerseys (like your black jersey).

I do like the striping pattern; it is unique but works.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the different wordmarks on all the different jerseys. It's a personal preference, and most people here like the different wordmarks on the jerseys (although they will tell you to put Jaguars on the black and Jacksonville on the white). No one in the NFL uses different wordmarks on different jerseys, but Jacksonville could obviously be the first to do that.

award%20sig.png

I'd make that teal helmet the primary. Well done, Jags look great! The Bears look outstanding too...classy look for them.

I'm not liking the way the Cowboys star, shoulder and sleeve treatment and TV numbers are all so close together, seems crammed in and jumbled.

Thanks for the kind words and advice, I'll see what I can do about the Cowboys

I don't like the "horns" on the jerseys. They seem to clash with the rounded sleeve striping. I would also make the stripe on the jersey sleeves gold on all three jerseys (like your black jersey).

I do like the striping pattern; it is unique but works.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the different wordmarks on all the different jerseys. It's a personal preference, and most people here like the different wordmarks on the jerseys (although they will tell you to put Jaguars on the black and Jacksonville on the white). No one in the NFL uses different wordmarks on different jerseys, but Jacksonville could obviously be the first to do that.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've made the change and I do like this set better without the "horns" on the front. You're right in that it doesn't clash. I may try to incorporate that into a different design down the road instead.

As far as the wordmarks go, it was mainly just a stylistic thing I wanted to try and see how it was perceived. I agree in that Jacksonville seems like a likely team that would do something outside the box like that...here's the revision of the stripes...

IpbYnB6.png

I've seen many Jaguars concepts on here. Some decent, many bad. I've gotten so tired of seeing the jag print used for many of them. But you didn't do that, and I thank you.

I say that to say these are probably the best Jacksonville concepts I've seen on the site. Well done. I've always thought the Jags should have a black helmet, but your two alternate designs have changed that for me.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I've seen many Jaguars concepts on here. Some decent, many bad. I've gotten so tired of seeing the jag print used for many of them. But you didn't do that, and I thank you.

I say that to say these are probably the best Jacksonville concepts I've seen on the site. Well done. I've always thought the Jags should have a black helmet, but your two alternate designs have changed that for me.

Thanks! I really appreciate that. And I have to agree, I've seen so many with jaguar print and I am not a fan.

I too feel like they should have black helmets, but I threw the alternates in there just to see what people think. Glad you like them

I really like this series, those Jaguars uniforms look great. I like the sublimated stars, but it just doesn't fit the Cowboys. I think you should add a white outline to the Bears numbers and you have a solid set. I can't wait for the rest of the teams!

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

Love your Jaguars jerseys especially; the revised w/o the "horns".

Also agreed on not being a fan of the jaguar print spots that's been on a lot of concepts. Always thought the jaguar print was too feminine and didn't fit for a football team.

Now that you've taken off the "horns," the main part I'm not fond of is the white part of the stripe on the black pants. As for the wordmarks on the chest, I'd just keep the "Jaguars" one.

spacer.png

7/32 -- New England Patriots

Couple new changes for the defending super bowl champs. I'll start by saying that the wordmark and logo remain untouched. The helmet stays pretty much intact as well with the new addition of "Pats" on the bumper. It's primarily silver with a red facemask and no stripe.

Lyjda9N.png

Home Set:

Here is where we see a drastic change. For starters (probably for the better), all of the red piping is now gone. The wordmark on the chest now matches that of their updated font/endzone font. The primary color stays blue. Numbers are white with a silver and red outline. The name on the back is white as well with a thin red outline. Striping starts at the collar on a downward slant and flattens out across the front and is carried to the back of the sleeve. It is a thick red followed by a thin silver stripe and tied together with white on the bottom. I also wanted to incorporate the secondary "NE" logo to show some representation to that whole area. The NE logo appears on the hip and has striping below to match that of the jersey. I struggled a little with the stripe design and finally decided on this. If anyone has suggestions on what would look better, I'm 100% open to that. Also new is the option of 3 pant sets (silver, white, blue).

II4lAO7.png

Away Set:

Not much to explain here. Just the home set changing to primarily white. Again, any of the 3 pant options are available. Striping changes to blue, silver, red as compared to the home set. Numbers change to a solid blue with a silver and red outline. Patriots wordmark is also seen in red on the chest.

5snp8uf.png

Alternate Set:

Last, but not least, we have the red alternate set. Striping is now blue, silver, white. Pats wordmark appears on the chest in white as well. Numbers are solid blue with a silver and white outline. The name on the back is solid blue with a thin white outline. Enjoy!

hptmxiC.png

On the blue pants, I'd maybe consider swapping the blue and white around on the stripe. For the alt jersey, I'd like to see it with white numbers/NOB and a blue stroke. Not sure how I feel about the sleeve stripes. Not bad, but not amazing, lol.

spacer.png

Archived