In search of Larry O'Brien: 2015 NBA Playoffs

buzzcut

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Portland drew the short straw. You can't help but wonder how things would be going had they drawn the Clippers instead of a Memphis team that has their number for a long time.

Also, Sunday high noon is Judgment Day for the Clippers. The biggest game in franchise history... unless they win and then game 5 is their biggest game. And a potential game 6 or game 7.

Either way, they MUST WIN. In an arena where so many West playoff dreams go to die. Where only Kyrie Irving has escaped with a road win since the Super Bowl.

No pressure, Clips.

Kelly Olynyk and his stupid Jesus headband are a danger to himself and others. I didn't want to watch Kevin Love's shoulder get dislocated (over and over), but that's what just happened.

Get him off the court and out of the league.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Kelly Olynyk and his stupid Jesus headband are a danger to himself and others. I didn't want to watch Kevin Love's shoulder get dislocated (over and over), but that's what just happened.

The Celtics continue to play DIRTY basketball and the NBA continues to ignore it. I'm sick and tired of this playoff basketball is different and more physical. No, it's basketball. The officiating in games two and three were disgustingly biased.

The fact the Olynek is still allowed in the arena is a disgrace. If Brad Stevens is any sort of man, he should sit Olynek for the game. What a disgusting display.

Love could have a possible torn labrum, which is possible with a dislocated shoulder. Torn labrum requires surgery and out 4-6 weeks. Don't worry sports fans, the drought will continue.

This is yet another reason why the NBA needs to go back to best-of-5 in round 1.

The Celtics aren't even trying anymore, and it's pretty crappy to watch.

And LAWLZ@ fans of team LeBron bitching about the calls somehow being biased against them. Not that it'd make a difference either way, but even the announcers know it's the other way around.

Did you actually watch games two and three? The flagrant fouls, the non-basketball fouls that were either not called or called at basic fouls instead of the flagrant fouls that they should have been. I am never one to blame officials, but what they are letting happen is not basketball. LAWLZ @ ignorance.

This excuse of playoff basketball is allowed to be more physical is pathetic. Just because it's playoffs doesn't mean guys are allowed to get shoulders dislocated. The Celtics a game plan was to play physical. And they are. But they also aren't playing within the rules... And the NBA is letting it happen.

Well Perkins has just retaliated. So... the Cavs are the team with no class now.

What do you mean? That's just a hard playoff screen. That's the narrative that's been pushed the entire time with Boston hard founding Cleveland... Like the double arm close line the Kyrie took in game three. Should have been a flagrant two and ejection... Was just a basic two shot foul.

Don't talk to me about retaliation. They just dislocated Loves shoulder. Sorry, but until Thomas or Turner gets there shoulder dislocated, it isn't even.

FWIW, the Cavs have been the more physical team this series, and unless you are Mark Cuban it's perfectly legal. What Olynyk did was bush league, but then again so was what Perkins did so I'm not buying the whole "hurrr durr evil Celtics are too physical" argument.

This is an annoying way to have an internet conversation. Also, there's a big difference between intentionally injuring one of the best players of a team up 3-0 in the playoffs, and a hard retaliation foul prompted by the initial one.

Olynyk hasn't come back in, right? If so good, because he probably wouldn't last longer than a minute. Eff that guy.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I really like Isaiah Thomas, but man does he look bad today. This is a game that could make him a lot of money, but he's been off all day.

Bill Simmons tells me +/- doesn't matter, but he is +2 on the day, even when his team is down 12. If he could make a damn shot, who knows.

J.R gets ejected, how will you defend him CLEstones?

0 defense. What Smith did was inexcusable. IT was a non-basketball play. It was an assault. He should be suspended for at least two games in the Chicago series. It's devistating because he knocked Crowder out, causing him to crumble and hurt his knee. No excuse.

Unfortunately, that is the result of an equally disgraceful foul against Olynek on Love. The NBA has serious issues with "physical playoff basketball."

So what was with the whole gloom and doom and restart button with the Clippers?

Right.

They aren't dead yet! Paul was big like he should be, and Austin Rivers actually contributed along with Crawford off the bench. Give me two more like this one Clips, two more.

Archived