In search of Larry O'Brien: 2015 NBA Playoffs

buzzcut

Only the Bulls are standing in the Bulls' way as far as I'm concerned. They can beat Cleveland and one of the other two East teams if they buy in one last time. The Warriors would sweep them and spoil that pristine 6-0 Finals record, of course, but they can get there, no question.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posting late, but amazing win by the Clippers. I'd hate to think the Spurs are done, but I bet they're wishing that last game against New Orleans had played out a little different. Or that Kawhi made his free throws against Cleveland in Kyrie's big game. I bet Harden carves them apart, but that's why they play the games. The Spurs were my sentimental favorite, but it'll be nice to see some newer blood.

I think the Bulls have a great chance against the Cavs, but it's hard to forget that MCW, the Greak Freek and Khris Middleton took them to six (with a chance to have won more games). The Bucks were an interesting but flawed team, and the Bulls let them stick around for too long. Obviously, though, it's the series of the second round.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I forgot how much fun playoff Nene is.

EDIT: And the Wiz steal home court. Nice.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just turned on the Clips game. Have the Rockets been this listless all night?

LA Looks like a team that has its :censored: together. Houston looks like a team that expected an easy win.

The Clippers looked at the Rockets like they weren't impressed at what they saw. 'Please. We stared down the champs, one of the 3-5 best teams in the league, and we're supposed to be scared of you guys?'

When you look into the eyes of a championship tested team and live to tell the tale, it changes your perspective.

The Clippers looked at the Rockets like they weren't impressed at what they saw. 'Please. We stared down the champs, one of the 3-5 best teams in the league, and we're supposed to be scared of you guys?'

When you look into the eyes of a championship tested team and live to tell the tale, it changes your perspective.

I think you were better when you hated everything. Not sure. Clippers bandwagon fans may be the worst though.

The last Clippers team I liked were the Sam Cassell big balls teams. I can't say I appreciate this team -- they're way too whiney for me and I hate Blake's dumb face and commercials. But I do admire how they came back against the Spurs and played the entire game against Houston.

I've never thought the Clippers would have enough heart for a deep playoff run, but this team looks different. I'm cautiously impressed.

EDIT: But if the Spurs and Cavs both get dumped before the conference finals, I don't know what I'll do with myself. I've avoided investing in the Warriors blitzkrieg but they do seem nearly inevitable at this point.

Either way, NBA playoffs are were it's at. This might be my favorite sports time of the year.

As much as this post is just an incredibly lame, Skip Bayless-esque Hot Take narrative, there's some truth to the idea that getting past the Spurs - especially the last two games of that series - was a game-changer for this team.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I was so busy tonight I forgot the game was on. I managed to catch the highlights and I'm really impressed by the way this team is playing right now. Blake recording back to back triple doubles was huge and the other guys stepped up in Paul's absence. On to game 2.

This is all ridiculous.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tom-thibodeau-makes-his-last-stand-with-the-bulls-072125079.html

Rose is becoming Rose again, slowly, surely, but the progression's unmistakable. It changes everything for Chicago, except this: Amid the twisted culture of Chicago's regime – where winning is losing, where success is failure – management can't wait to rid itself of one Tom Thibodeau.

For everything Chicago management does to undermine the coach, this Bulls locker room has remained something rare in professional sports: unaffected and unrelenting.

"Ahhhh, that's all noise," Thibodeau told Yahoo Sports. He won't do it. He won't think about endings on Monday night, when this feels so much like a beginning for these Bulls.

. . .

For everything Rose has done to evolve, it will forever be a failure of management, and, yes, Thibodeau too, that they couldn't grow themselves. They became more entrenched, more embittered, more toxic. When a visiting scout visited the Bulls practice facility in the past year or so, he had the opportunity to watch the awkward, strange interplay between Bulls general manager Gar Forman and Thibodeau. Eventually, the man walked into the office of an assistant coach and asked: "What the hell is the deal here?"

Before answering, the coach turned his fan on full blast. For the visitor, everything was becoming even stranger. He gave the assistant a befuddled look, as though to say, "What are you doing?"

"I'm not taking any chances," the coach said, refusing to risk the possibility of those walls being bugged.

The assistant is most likely Ron Adams, whom Paxson, not Thibodeau, fired; he's now an assistant coach for the dominant Warriors. The Bulls are so weird and dumb. I hope they win, but they're weird and dumb.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Hawks have the least exited playoff crowd of any team...

Compared to what they saw in Barclays, Atlanta might as well have been Oracle.

The Nets' playoff crowd was the worst by far this year.

First Grizzlies game I've seen since last year -- boy those uniforms are swell.

EDIT: the Grizzlies are my new favorite team. It's like a team full of Stephen Jacksons.

Archived