LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG what is this???

How are so many teams allowed to add black? The Rockets were denied black several seasons ago because there were too many black uniforms already yet it seems every team is starting to add black. What does a clipper(a very fast sailing ship) have to do with the color black?

The Pelicans were also denied black and had to use navy (as if that was any better) instead. Perhaps Silver just doesn't care about stuff like this.

I'm kinda glad the Rockets didn't get to add black though, I've grown fond of their Red/Silver/White color scheme (though not the jerseys). Adding black would've just put them with the Raptors and Blazers.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Wow, this has to be a joke. That logo is AWFUL. I seriously hope that isn't legit.

Seriously, though. If they're gonna rebrand, they have to do a better job than this. It's even more generic than their current logo, and why include black? It completely muddies the look. A full-time BFBS. If I were the Clippers, and I was going to rebrand, I would make a logo that actually incorporates a Clipper ship. Don't replace generic with even MORE generic.

☦ICXC NIKA

OMG what is this???

How are so many teams allowed to add black? The Rockets were denied black several seasons ago because there were too many black uniforms already yet it seems every team is starting to add black. What does a clipper(a very fast sailing ship) have to do with the color black?

The Pelicans were also denied black and had to use navy (as if that was any better) instead. Perhaps Silver just doesn't care about stuff like this.

I'm kinda glad the Rockets didn't get to add black though, I've grown fond of their Red/Silver/White color scheme (though not the jerseys). Adding black would've just put them with the Raptors and Blazers.

Yes the Pelicans in black would have been great, but maybe there was trouble with the Spurs being black. I never wanted the Rockets in black, but for them and the Pelicans to be denied while so many other teams are adding black annoys me. I thought it was all Stern but wasn't he around when the Lakers did Hollywood nights, and the Warriors got black alternates too, not to mention the Nets doing all black and white? It just feels like the NBA just lets the big markets do whatever they want.

That logo is horrendous.. What is it? It's simple, for simple's sake.. They should have gone with something similar to that Clipper boat design I've seen somewhere..

Black has no place in this teams palette.. If the logo is pink and sky blue, then so should the uniforms. If the uniforms are red and blue, the logo should be red and blue.. And the uniform designs are boringly unimaginative... I think this will be arguably the first universally hated brand update in history... I give it one season before the Clippers organisation cave to pressure...

The jersey images are so poorly thrown together! I can't believe this, wow...

EDIT: So far, no positive responses in this thread (not that there should be). I wonder if someone will come through and say they actually like this on this thread, haha

Berlin Wall said he likes it in the NBA changes thread, and he makes some of my favorite retro inspired NBA concepts.

I don't know what's more cringy, these awful jerseys or the author of the article using the word "kit" to describe the awful jerseys.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Wow, this has to be a joke. That logo is AWFUL. I seriously hope that isn't legit.

Seriously, though. If they're gonna rebrand, they have to do a better job than this. It's even more generic than their current logo, and why include black? It completely muddies the look. A full-time BFBS. If I were the Clippers, and I was going to rebrand, I would make a logo that actually incorporates a Clipper ship. Don't replace generic with even MORE generic.

Given that this is the secondary logo, I don't think we can assume that there isn't a ship logo yet.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived