LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pipe dream homer scenario: Ballmer catches so much flack for this decision that he is forced to sell the club to Terry Pegula, who moves it to Buffalo for create the Buffalo Braves v.2.0. There is less than no actual chance of this happening, but a guy can dream, right?

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

They could've just made the L + A white instead of blue. I mean is it really that difficult to look at this stuff and realize it looks bad?

Apparently. :P

Seriously, we need to create an official CCSLC focus group that these teams can send their preliminary designs to. Then we can provide some good old fashioned constructive feedback before it becomes an unmitigated disaster. Think of all the embarrassment we could have prevented.

Think about it -- we are essentially professional C&C'ers.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

They could've just made the L + A white instead of blue. I mean is it really that difficult to look at this stuff and realize it looks bad?

If you are Steve Balmer, yes it is that difficult.

Personally, I think Steve simply doesn't get design and aesthetics. What he does care about is being right, and the massive negative reaction pissed him off, and challanged his competence in this one area of his ownership ability. He's probably now hell bent on making the new logo work, and will stick with it as long as there are those out there who will call this logo what it is: excrement. He'll stick to it as an F-U/it's my toy and I'll do what I want statement.

Apparently. :P

Seriously, we need to create an official CCSLC focus group that these teams can send their preliminary designs to. Then we can provide some good old fashioned constructive feedback before it becomes an unmitigated disaster. Think of all the embarrassment we could have prevented.

Think about it -- we are essentially professional C&C'ers.

I'm in on this.

The LA court logo and the arbitrary inclusion of black are pretty dumb, but this is hardly the worst rebranding in recent history, or even the worst identity in the NBA. It's closer to passable than it is to awful.

OKC is much worse, in every respect. Nothing about that set looks even remotely good. If people have gotten used to that garbage after 7 years and are now defending it, the same will happen with this by 2020. Memphis is still worse as well. This is about on par with Phoenix.

The Bobcats looked worse in everything except their short-lived pinstripe era. In the NFL the Jags, Bucs, and Titans are easily worse.

Why the :censored: do they keep thinking the curved lines represent the nautical theme? Honestly, Clippers, STFU about this nonsense. No one believes it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The LA court logo and the arbitrary inclusion of black are pretty dumb, but this is hardly the worst rebranding in recent history, or even the worst identity in the NBA. It's closer to passable than it is to awful.

OKC is much worse, in every respect. Nothing about that set looks even remotely good. If people have gotten used to that garbage after 7 years and are now defending it, the same will happen with this by 2020. Memphis is still worse as well. This is about on par with Phoenix.

The Bobcats looked worse in everything except their short-lived pinstripe era. In the NFL the Jags, Bucs, and Titans are easily worse.

The only bad part about OKC is the logo which is on par with the clippers logo, I'd say it's better because it doesn't look like it was created by a 5 yr old. Everything else is much better and blows LAC out of the water.

The only bad part about OKC is the logo which is on par with the clippers logo, I'd say it's better because it doesn't look like it was created by a 5 yr old. Everything else is much better and blows LAC out of the water.

OKC is the worst identity in the league and will be for a while. Their awful logo, generic uniforms, and bizarre color scheme that doesn't look good or agree with their name, it's all just terrible. After the way this forum, and the internet as a whole, tore them apart back in 08 when they revealed that disaster, for you guys to now say "aww, OKC isn't that bad, but [team that just rebranded] is TERRIBLE WORST REBRAND EVER -38883333/10" proves that you guys will like anything and everything provided it's been around long enough.

Hopefully I remember to bump this thread in ~2020 when everyone's favorably comparing this to whatever sacrilegious new look the Heat/Pacers/Thunder again/whoever are rolling out then.

I might be wrong about this, but I think the main shade of blue OKC uses (not the navy) is supposed to represent OK's flag. The other colors could arguably make sense (navy and yellow sort of make sense for a team associated with lightning, and maybe the orange is for the basketball?). Regardless of their reasoning, I don't think OKC's color scheme is all that bad. There is NO WAY it is worse than the Clippers generic/BFBS red/white/blue/black, especially when a they could have such an original and fun nautical color scheme that could help them stand out.

And yes, things grow on you. That is human nature. I don't think there's anything wrong with someone not liking something when it first comes out, and then starting to like it (or at least accept it) nearly a decade later. I actually think it's a little weirder for someone to hate something like a sports logo for such a long time without coming even close to accepting it. OKC's look is not THAT BAD. People hated it more back then because they thought the name was dumb and it was such a step down from the Supersonics identity, colors, etc. That doesn't mean that they would necessarily go on to hate it forever.

I really don't think the Thunder identity is that bad at all, as some have also said. It's generic and could be upgraded for sure, but it was done professionally and at least looks professional. It fits in with other NBA logos. It may fit a team named OKC Basketball Club better than OKC Thunder...

But the Clippers entire identity is poorly done IMO. I don't mind the black being added, and the court isn't horrible. But the logos, uniforms, number font, etc are all horrible. It's really unacceptable.

As much as I hate the primary and the stupid "water off the horizon" lines I have come around on the secondary.

Honestly if they just designed a new uniform instead of cutting/pasting over the old one I'd let the logo slide. The uniforms saved the OKC disaster and I think the same could happen here.

I really don't think the Thunder identity is that bad at all.......it was done professionally and at least looks professional. It fits in with other NBA logos.

Sorry but no it doesn't.

Well, compared to the Nets', Bucks' primary and now the Clippers', it sure does.

P.S. The LAC logo by itself (without the ball) is decent actually and is designed well. It just needs to be a secondary/tertiary logo.

P.S.S. Heck, the level of quality of the league's logos has dropped so much during this summer - Hawks getting rid of their great primary in favor of the Pac-Man (which shouldn't have replaced the previous secondary in the first place), Raptors with their downgrade, Wizards with the lateral move of replacing their primary with an equally bad one, Sixers with the redundant another (semi)circle of stars around the old one (updating the ball was a plus, though), Bucks changing their great logos to the current crap (the unis are fire, though, don't get me wrong) and the Clippers, obviously.

Archived