This might already be the most embarrassing logo revelation by any pro sports team in 2015

Go Red Sox!

A couple of days ago, a new primary mark for the Washington Wizards was revealed – a roundel.

You could argue it's another roundel, so it's kind of boring. Forget it!

You could criticize the weird typo, the bad kerning or the use of spikes that point in two different directions. Forget it!

Or maybe that the old logo was a lot more creative than the new one? Forget it!

Taking a closer look at this logo, made, at least me, speechless for a moment. I asked myself how something like this could happen nowadays, let alone we're talking about an NBA team.

This is the original Washington Wizards 2015 logo detail file (.png) that was released by the Wizards marketing department a couple of days ago. You will find this very logo wherever you go in the internet. I didn't photoshop the logo at all. So, see for yourself!

washington_wizards_2015_logo_disaster_zp

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that is embarrassing, whoever they hired to make that logo probably shouldn't be hired again by anyone. Especially for a team of that caliber you can't mess up small things like that because obviously it gets noticed. It's like they just quickly scrapped that up together.

Tj4ZkPU.png

1zwchs3.jpg_zpshph8rzul.png

27xqdyc.jpg_zps7iobnqxz.png

I'm sorry but something like this in 2015 should not be possible, before the computer age, I could see, but now? No excuse.

Then again seeing the clippers leaked logo's its a shame to see little effort is put into these logo's.

Except for the bucks, they did a good job so far.

Wow that is embarrassing, whoever they hired to make that logo probably shouldn't be hired again by anyone. Especially for a team of that caliber you can't mess up small things like that because obviously it gets noticed. It's like they just quickly scrapped that up together.

Sorry, but in my view these aren't small things at all. It's basic stuff that you learn while studying graphic design, how to avoid mistakes like these by using shapebuilder or pathfinder in Illustrator. This is the worst result I've ever seen by any professional team's marketing department. The lousiest greenhorn shouldn't work like that. One thing's definitely for sure: they've never used the zoom tool!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I like crillee!

But yeah this is a really shoddy job. Its a shame it happened to an otherwise solid logo and huge upgrade over the last iteration.

It's the awkward spikes and the terrible kerning that are so annoying to me. There are typefaces that will look extremely bad when being typeset on a circle, especially with this little spacing, plus an inconstant kerning, like in this case.

A couple of days ago, a new primary mark for the Washington Wizards was revealed – a roundel.

You could argue it's another roundel, so it's kind of boring. Forget it!

You could criticize the weird typo, the bad kerning or the use of spikes that point in two different directions. Forget it!

Or maybe that the old logo was a lot more creative than the new one? Forget it!

Taking a closer look at this logo, made, at least me, speechless for a moment. I asked myself how something like this could happen nowadays, let alone we're talking about an NBA team.

This is the original Washington Wizards 2015 logo detail file (.png) that was released by the Wizards marketing department a couple of days ago. You will find this very logo wherever you go in the internet. I didn't photoshop the logo at all. So, see for yourself!

washington_wizards_2015_logo_disaster_zp

What typo are you talking about? That is how you spell Washington Wizards.

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

Sorry, but in my view these aren't small things at all. It's basic stuff that you learn while studying graphic design, how to avoid mistakes like these by using shapebuilder or pathfinder in Illustrator. This is the worst result I've ever seen by any professional team's marketing department. The lousiest greenhorn shouldn't work like that. One thing's definitely for sure: they've never used the zoom tool!

When I say small things I mean small details

Tj4ZkPU.png

1zwchs3.jpg_zpshph8rzul.png

27xqdyc.jpg_zps7iobnqxz.png

Archived