This might already be the most embarrassing logo revelation by any pro sports team in 2015

Go Red Sox!

Knit picking about literally the smallest detail of a logo has to be the dumbest thing

I do have to say after being on this thread for over a year I have looked at identities of sports teams differently but my god, I don't see why you have a need to point out the fact that there's a little bit of what looks like red where there shouldn't be.

You would clearly see why I pointed this out if you were a (multi)media or graphic designer. I assume you're not.

Also: There's no reason to get offensive at all, so watch your language please. If you have to say something, then say it, but without becoming verbally abusive.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand what kind of site this is and all.... But really, who cares?

Yeah, it's a small mistake, but it's easily fixable. I'd hardly call it "embarrassing" because I'm sure the average person won't care... or even notice, for that matter.

It's embarrassing because anyone with an intermediate knowledge of Illustrator (or Inkscape, for that matter) should be able to create that roundel in 20 minutes with no mistakes. If the person who rendered that logo turned it in for an Illustator 101 class they'd get a D. So for a professional sports team, that's inexcusable.

I understand what kind of site this is and all.... But really, who cares?

Yeah, it's a small mistake, but it's easily fixable. I'd hardly call it "embarrassing" because I'm sure the average person won't care... or even notice, for that matter.

It's embarrassing because anyone with an intermediate knowledge of Illustrator (or Inkscape, for that matter) should be able to create that roundel in 20 minutes with no mistakes. If the person who rendered that logo turned it in for an Illustator 101 class they'd get a D. So for a professional sports team, that's inexcusable.
heck, the logo seems fairly easy to make in Photoshop

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Knit picking about literally the smallest detail of a logo has to be the dumbest thing

I do have to say after being on this thread for over a year I have looked at identities of sports teams differently but my god, I don't see why you have a need to point out the fact that there's a little bit of what looks like red where there shouldn't be.

You would clearly see why I pointed this out if you were a (multi)media or graphic designer. I assume you're not.

Also: There's no reason to get offensive at all, so watch your language please. If you have to say something, then say it, but without becoming verbally abusive.

all I'm saying is it's something so small that it shouldn't be so bothersome

Nit-picking*

:)

Work that's delivered by PROFESSIONALS and that cost in the hundreds of thousands of dollars should NOT have mistakes like this. It's frustrating to young designers trying to break in that this is the quality of work being turned out by the professionals who hold the jobs that they're scratching and clawing for.

Also, mistakes like this devalue the entire industry. If I'm a CEO and I see this, I'm questioning why I should pay tons of money to a "professional" designer, when their work is just as sloppy as an untrained amateur. There's obviously other things that a professional designer can bring to the table that an amateur probably wouldn't even know about, but its hard to consider all of that when mistakes like this are being put out in public.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Work that's delivered by PROFESSIONALS and that cost in the hundreds of thousands of dollars should NOT have mistakes like this. It's frustrating to young designers trying to break in that this is the quality of work being turned out by the professionals who hold the jobs that they're scratching and clawing for.

Also, mistakes like this devalue the entire industry. If I'm a CEO and I see this, I'm questioning why I should pay tons of money to a "professional" designer, when their work is just as sloppy as an untrained amateur. There's obviously other things that a professional designer can bring to the table that an amateur probably wouldn't even know about, but its hard to consider all of that when mistakes like this are being put out in public.

Spot on, BBTV. That's an excellent way to put it.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Small details matter.

Many of you saying such small details shouldn't be such a big deal, you're right. But when it's being produced by a professional NBA team and (what I assume to be) a professional design team, these minor errors are unacceptable.

bufg.png

Apparently, it's a two-sided roundel. Here's the back:

Bullet-Hole-13.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived