NFL-to-NBA Crossover - BEARS Added

JB83

Hey, guys! I got a little bored with the NHL to NFL crossover I've been doing, so I decided to take a break from it (I only have 3 teams left, so I'll finish it some time soon). I've never done a basketball concept, so I decided to do yet another crossover, but this time NFL-to-NBA.

Finished teams:

NFC South

Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Panthers

New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

AFC East

Buffalo Bills

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

New York Jets

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals

Los Angeles Rams

Seattle Seahawks

San Francisco 49ers

NFC North

Chicago Bears

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First up is my home team, the New Orleans Saints. I decided to keep this one fairly simple, with nothing too flashy. Same colors, same number and NOB font as the football jerseys. I'm sure some of the other teams will allow for more flashy designs, if that's what you're looking for. Oh, and for the No. of championships tag on the collar, I'm putting how many Super Bowls they've won, instead of having them all say 0x. But nonetheless, here are the simple Saints home/away sets:

yMgYHz8.png

spacer.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Saints set looks VERY GOOD. A couple things to change;

The NEW ORLEANS text on the black uniform looks a bit too spaced apart, maybe make it closer together...

Actually, instead of having New Orleans, make it NOLA...

Add a BIT more gold on the white jersey, in any way you can really...

Other than that, they look fantastic! Excited for more!

TWolf

A nice, simple look that matches the simplicity of their uniforms. My only suggestion is considering using their current wordmark (like on the back of the shorts) and creating a "New Orleans" mark (possibly two lines?). Simeon AS is a very close match for the font.

Also, is the assumption that these teams are NBA teams? Because if not, you may want to change the trophy on the championship tag ^_^

Also, is the assumption that these teams are NBA teams? Because if not, you may want to change the trophy on the championship tag ^_^

I thought about that. I guess I just need to find a decent Lombardi trophy vector.

spacer.png

Can't wait to possibly see more teams... how will you handle alternates if you do any considering NBA seems to allow more than NFL. Would Dolphins have White, Aqua, Orange and the new blue as a sleeved or something like that?

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Can't wait to possibly see more teams... how will you handle alternates if you do any considering NBA seems to allow more than NFL. Would Dolphins have White, Aqua, Orange and the new blue as a sleeved or something like that?

I'm still thinking about it. I might make alts if I have a specific idea. I wouldn't want to just make them all 3 the same, just with different colors. So if I get an idea for an alt, I'll make one.

I didn't make one for the Saints because, quite honestly, I hate when people make gold jersey alts on football concepts.

spacer.png

I'm still thinking about it. I might make alts if I have a specific idea. I wouldn't want to just make them all 3 the same, just with different colors. So if I get an idea for an alt, I'll make one.

I didn't make one for the Saints because, quite honestly, I hate when people make gold jersey alts on football concepts.

Understandable that is why i mentioned the sleeved jersey being the 4th option . Good work, looking forward to more teams!

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Update:

I decided to add a Lombardi trophy to the championships tag and I also added a "WHO DAT?!" inside the collar. As for revisions, I made 2 versions. One with the normal wordmark I had before, and one with the Saints font. Which do you guys like better? Personally, I'm leaning toward #2.

#1:

mSa0UUO.png

#2:

OdmbAgw.png

Also, I decided to make a court:

Q4A2LjF.png

spacer.png

Thanks, guys! Number 2 it is then.

I guess since I started with the Saints and not alphabetically, I'll finish the NFC South and do it in conferences from now on. Next up will be the stupid dirty birds, the Failcons. God I hate the Falcons. Oh well!

Oh and they're probably gonna take a couple design cues from the 93-ish Hawks jerseys. :)

spacer.png

Atlanta looks really solid for what you were going for. My one suggestion would be to make the middle stripe on the collar/cuffs silver for the home and road uni, to match the alt. That would match the side panel better. Also, NBA teams with no championships don't have the gold tag on the back of the collar, so I would lose that for the Falcons.

Also, NBA teams with no championships don't have the gold tag on the back of the collar, so I would lose that for the Falcons.

I did not know that lol. I'll get that fixed when I make the other changes (NOB and collar/cuff stripes).

spacer.png

Archived