Ti-Nick's NHL

Ti-Nick

Hello everyone. This is my first post.

As a way to learn vector drawing, I’ve decided to do my ideal NHL. As you’ll see, I like traditional, old-school jersey designs, with more color and less black than in the current NHL. More like the NHL of the 80’s. The simpler the better.

Some jerseys are pretty much the same as the current ones, some others are influenced by great concept artists I’ve found here. And with other sets I’ve just tinkered a bit with the stripes and the logos.

These are my first concepts ever. You’ll probably think they’re too simple and not very creative, but as I said it’s just a way for me to learn how to use vector graphics. I might do third jerseys after all the primary sets are done, and by then I might be more experienced and able to do more creative designs.

Thank you for looking at this stuff. C&C welcome!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll start with the Pacific division.

Anaheim Ducks.

Ducks.png

Arizona Coyotes.

Coyotes.png

Calgary Flames. Credit to Spencer Ford for the striping ideas.

Flames.png

Edmonton Oilers. Pretty much the same as their current set.

Oilers.png

Los Angeles Kings.

Kings.png

San Jose Sharks.

Sharks.png

Vancouver Canucks. Credit to Justin Cox for the striping ideas.

Canucks.png

In general, I've been more partial to the ducks' black, gold, and orange look instead of the eggplant and jade.

I want the ducks to trot out in those tonight.

Btw love that flames set too. Great start.

spacer.png

Welcome to the boards, and a great start to your series!

Ducks-Love the bringing back of the eggplant and jade, but the shoulder logo just looks off. The yellow isn't used anywhere else except the sticks in the primary. Not sure what could be done to fix that though

Coyotes-This is a huge improvement over the bland mess they've been wearing. The only thing I'd change would be to add some more of that pattern you have on the collars into the rest of the uniform.

Flames-Looks really good, but I'd brighten the red just a bit

Oilers-Not much of a change, but it still looks really good

Kings-I love the current font they use, so I would suggest using that. I'm also not sure if silver and white would provide enough contrast

Sharks- Like Crabcake said, I feel it needs one more color, whether that's orange or silver or whatever else

Canucks- My favorite of your series so far, but I would get rid of the blue sleeves on the away

I like the lack of black for Calgary, and I love seeing McDavid's name on the Oilers jersey! While I prefer your Kings design to their current one, the silver crown will be lost against the silver jersey, and I don't know if a silver home jersey will be enough of a contrast against a visiting team in white.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

-ducks are great

-Arizona's collar is weird but they look good, the home could use some white

-oilers good

-the colors look weird on the Kings, just change them a little bit find a good look, and consistentcy

-sharks need another color, wether your for the Orange or grey or whatever, you can always use a lighter teal

-couver is good

Good work, it's just the little details that need work

I like the Flames. Yellow looks good.

The foot logo on the Ducks. Isn't that the Quad City Mallards logo?

Yep, it's the Mallards' logo. I think it's great, and perfect for the Ducks. I'm not a fan of roundel shoulder patches with tiny text that nobody can read on the ice. I much prefer simpler logos, like this duck foot, the Weagle or Chicago's tomahawks.

Kings-I love the current font they use, so I would suggest using that. I'm also not sure if silver and white would provide enough contrast

Sharks- Like Crabcake said, I feel it needs one more color, whether that's orange or silver or whatever else

Canucks- My favorite of your series so far, but I would get rid of the blue sleeves on the away

Personally, I hate the Kings' current font. I think it's too wide. I much prefer block fonts, even if it's a bit plain.

For the Canucks, I'll try without the blue cuffs. But I think it might make the jersey too white... I'll see.

Really liking Calgary, LA and San Jose!

Thanks.

I like the lack of black for Calgary, and I love seeing McDavid's name on the Oilers jersey! While I prefer your Kings design to their current one, the silver crown will be lost against the silver jersey, and I don't know if a silver home jersey will be enough of a contrast against a visiting team in white.

I too like the lack of black for the Flames. In fact, I hate that they use black. I think white, if used enough on the jersey, makes it look more "fiery". For the Kings, you might be right. I'll try to darken the grey to see if it's better.

-ducks are great

-Arizona's collar is weird but they look good, the home could use some white

-oilers good

-the colors look weird on the Kings, just change them a little bit find a good look, and consistentcy

-sharks need another color, wether your for the Orange or grey or whatever, you can always use a lighter teal

-couver is good

Good work, it's just the little details that need work

Thanks for the C&C.

Which color looks weird for the Kings? The grey?

Archived