Arsenal FC Kit Concept (Away Kit Added 4-22)

mattb6

Andrew Wagner released a pretty awesome template a few weeks back, and I decided to play around with it. Although his was Nike, I decided to play around and change it into a Puma template. I planned on doing the whole EPL, so that's why I started with Arsenal (Go Spurs!). Anyways, here's the most iconic of all Arsenal kits, the home reds. The design isn't a departure by any means as to what they've been doing. For comparison to this year's kit, the weird white stripe on the shoulder area was removed, a white side panel was added, and gold has become an accent color. The design on the back of the jersey mimimicks the crest. The Puma template is more restrictive than one would think, but not quite as bad as adidas. Tomorrow I hope to have the Away kit up, and possibly the clash. Enjoy, C&C like always!

aAReeo5.png

Β 

spacer.png

Very nice! The cut of the sleeves and the little red insert at the cuff reminds me of the Nike kit they had in 2006, I believe it was. I'd like to see hooped socks in some form or another, but if Arsenal came out on the pitch wearing these, I wouldn't complain.

Really like this, it is certainly simple but it is crazy how much those weird white shoulder stripes hurt Arsenals look. I also really like the addition of gold accents.

Crabcake47 YNWA, You'll Never Win Anything (again)!

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay RaysΒ 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Really like this, it is certainly simple but it is crazy how much those weird white shoulder stripes hurt Arsenals look. I also really like the addition of gold accents.

Crabcake47 YNWA, You'll Never Win Anything (again)!

As a man city fan, I don't believe that you should be talking, sir.

spacer.png

Yeah, that fa cup was painful too. Same with the champions league. And the europa league...

Oof.

At least we're in the top half!

spacer.png

I'm back today with the away kit. This look also isn't too big of a departure from the current, so think of this one more as a tweak.

A5O0aeg.png

I'm not a big fan of Arsenal's hooped socks, which is why they didn't make the cut on the home or away. Again, I got rid of the stupid shoulder stripe. I emphasized red a bit more than on the current kit. I added THE GUNNERS to the back of the shirt also. The third kit will be a bit more of a radical change over the current third, I can assure you. C&C welcome! I'll be starting Aston Villa soon, so expect this to be a league-wide design.

Β 

spacer.png

Very nice. I agree that the shoulders on the current Arsenal aways are weird and would look good on a computer screen, but not really on an actual person. This is a nice fix to that problem and a nice bit of symmetry with the home concept. Anxious to see what the thirds look like!

Last but not least is the third kit.

xhsCyRT.png

I stuck with a similar color scheme to the third kit, but that's about where the similarities end. I recolored the logo because I always thought the standard crest was out of place on third. I also added a dark-navy to light-navy pattern from the socks to the shirt. Neon accents are throughout the jersey, and AFC (Arsenal Football Club) adorns the back of the shirt. That's it for Arsenal. I'll be working on creating Macron, New Balance, and Adidas templates, so don't expect me to have a Premlier League thread for at least a week or two. Enjoy, and C&C as always.

Β 

spacer.png

The third kit has a bit of a Manchester City vibe from their away kits this year. I'd like to see a little more variation from the lightest to the darkest shades. I do like the pops of neon green in there, though. They stand out much more on this kit than their actual third this year.

Archived