Providence College Baseball Concept (**UPDATE**)

Roadrunner8ball

Hello all,

With baseball season underway I have decided to create a concept for the Providence College Friars. Providence College is a tiny Division 1 school in Providence, Rhode Island, and they do not have a baseball team. It was dropped in 1999 and has not been brought back. Now to the jerseys and field! A big thanks goes out to Raysox for letting me use his great baseball template.

For the home jerseys I went with black sleeves and a pinstriped body. The hat features a black base with white panels in the front. The away jersey is pretty ordinary for a baseball jersey. It is gray and features the Providence word mark on the front.

The field, Hasbro Field, is named after the toy company that is based in Providence. It is geared towards left handed hitters (like Yankee Stadium), as right and right center are shorter than left and left center, and features a deep left center field wall which is the farthest in the park. C&C is appreciated as always.

screenshot_35_zpsqdo4i2nc.png

screenshot_37_zpsjrfdujpj.png

Wow, this is beautiful! I think there should be more black in the look though. Although a black alt would be great too. Where did you find raysox's template, it's grea. Also, how did you make the field?

Thank you for the kind words sir! As for how I made the field, I just used one of the fields that is used in the USBL series and used that as a guide to make my own template. Then I just customized the outfield fence and such after I got the base done. I hope this helps!

First of all, it looks great. Just a few things I'd change:

1. As someone else mentioned, maybe make the P grey so it'll be easier to read.

2. The number on the back is a little small.

3. I'm not sure how I feel about the diamond around the logo. The friar IS centered, but the balance of the shape makes it look like its off center. Maybe just try the friar by itself.

spacer.png

First of all, it looks great. Just a few things I'd change:

1. As someone else mentioned, maybe make the P grey so it'll be easier to read.

2. The number on the back is a little small.

3. I'm not sure how I feel about the diamond around the logo. The friar IS centered, but the balance of the shape makes it look like its off center. Maybe just try the friar by itself.

Just to let you know, the diamond around the friar is just part of the presentation. The logo inside is the logo. The diamond is just for show. And I most likely will make the P on the cap gray as it is a little hard to see. Thank you for the kind words sir!

Wow, this is beautiful! I think there should be more black in the look though. Although a black alt would be great too. Where did you find raysox's template, it's grea. Also, how did you make the field?

Thank you for the kind words sir! As for how I made the field, I just used one of the fields that is used in the USBL series and used that as a guide to make my own template. Then I just customized the outfield fence and such after I got the base done. I hope this helps!

I hope the field is working out well! It looks great and it's a nice addition to have with your concept. As far as the uniforms go, I have just a couple nitpicks:

1. The grey P on the cap logo as others suggested.

2. Carry the pinstriped jersey to the pants, or just have a solid white jersey. Your choice there.

3. The white front panel doesn't really work with the away set. I'd look at the Orioles as an example for this.

4. Match the batting helmets to the caps, no matter what changes you make.

Overall I like the look!

spacer.png

Here is the update for the PC Friars:

screenshot_39_zpswxi6j6jb.png

What's New:

1. I tried the gray P on the white hat like many of you suggested, but it just didn't work in my opinion. Instead I swapped the brim and front panel color, so it is now a black cap with gray front panels, and a white brim.

2. I added pinstripes to the home pants like dsaline97 suggested.

3. For the away hats I took the road traveled by the Baltimore Orioles. Instead of a white front panel it is a straight black hat with a gray brim.

4. Changed both batting helmets to match the hats.

5. Made some minor tweaks to the zoomed in areas.

C&C is welcome as always. Thanks for all the suggestion so far!

Archived