Washington Capitals

Lights Out

I mentioned not too long ago that I wasn't a fan of the Capitals' throwbacks or their modern identity. I did like their '90s look, but it is admittedly dated. As a result, I've set out to modernize the teal/gold/black era:

3xatrxC.png

Zgym4OL.png

p8SUDNE.png

- New logo based on the Madison Capitols secondary, an unused prototype logo, and Washington DC's flag.

- The regular home and roads feature modernized striping based around the flag.

- The third is a more classic look with striping that echoes the logo (and in turn, the flag).

NOTE: I used HockeyJerseyConcepts' nifty "Drag-and-Drop Template" for this concept, hence the HJC credit. The design is mine, the template isn't.

Thoughts?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Not bad, but the logo still looks too much like the Madison logo. Tweak it a little bit and you'll be set.

In fairness, ideally a real-life version would have a similarly-styled but different eagle. However, since I suck at drawing, the actual Madison logo version is there as a placeholder.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

More white on the home and the alt might be good to keep the black and blue from bleeding into each other. I've always liked the Caps' '90s colors, so it's good to see them used here. I especially like your thirds.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

On the away jersey, I'd have the blue and black switched. Blue is the primary color the home, so it should be the primary on the away (other than white). I'm not really feeling the alternate. I think just a black version of the set would work perfectly as an alternate. Otherwise, the design looks great, and I love the edit of the unused logo.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

You're going to have visibility problems with black numbers on a slate blue base, the DC flag stripes don't work if they're not in the DC flag's colors, and the crest looks like that of a Croatian soccer team. I do like that color palette and sweater design a lot, and I think it would have been a good direction for the team to have gone in if they hadn't gone back to RWB.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived